Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cards to try for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best cards to try for

I’m rebuilding

I currently have a secured cap1 $200 and a Total visa $300 not on ck or ex yet. Was wondering what cards should I try to get. My ex score is 611 Fico and from CK tu is 639 eq is 624 tried for Cap1 QS got denied

Wife got indigo from pre approval letter her credit is worse then mine but I have not even been able to pre qualify for it.

I applied for credit one said I was approved pending verification then got letter saying denied because they couldn’t reach me but they never called. Should I reapply then call them?

TIA
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Best cards to try for

Well, you have a score, so let us know a little about your profile. As in your current accounts, and perhaps more importantly, your past accounts.

If you have current accounts you are very close to getting some opportunites for unsecured from DIsco and AMEX.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would avoid Credit One if I were you. Hold out for prequals from Amex or Discover. Disco likes to be your first good SL, so watch those prequals. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 2 auto loans and 2 other installments all those are showing 100% payment history with cap1 $0 balance And $0 on total visa

I have a few neg a repo a old first premier account for 745 and another collection for $1213
And 14 ins over the last 2 years

On chase simulator it’s shownig I get another in’s my score will go up 21 points I’m thinking that can’t be correct.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—Don’t rely on any simulators. What are you doing about the collection and repo balance?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repo Is at $0
And the other I would like to do a settlement for a lot lower then the total
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be wise to try for a Walmart or sams club card even if I get a low cl
Message 7 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Moved thread to 'Rebuilding Your Credit' for additional exposure.

--UB

Message 8 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Would it be wise to try for a Walmart or sams club card even if I get a low cl

Do you shop at Walmart?  If you do, store card is not a bad option. I am a little concerned that your score may not be high enough yet. 

Is waiting a few months an option for you?

As the cards you have now age, especially the one not reporting yet, you can expect small bumps up and they may be enough to bring you closer to an approval for non secured CC. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I shop more at sams but card can be used at both I can wait a few months

What branded cards would you recommend if any I tried for preqaul for Amex, disco and chase only got disco secured as a preqaul
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.