Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best debt consolidator?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best debt consolidator?

Hello, this is my first post here on this forum. Please be nice Smiley Happy I am 23 and I am just now growing up. My credit blows and it really shouldn't. Long story short, I got a credit card when I was 19..and more and more came in..and I got stupid. Typical thing, right? During these times I was in and out of jobs. Basically, I was being really stupid. Well I just looked at FreeCreditReport.com and it just showed my experian score. It's like 524, and it shows that I owe around $6200. Now I've asked this before and it seems like no one quite understands my dilema. I do NOT have any credit cards at the time. I do NOT have any bills besides the typical stuff (phone, cell, cable, internet, etc). All of my debt has gone into collections. AGAIN, I do NOT get monthly credit card debts. This was all a few years ago and I was doing a STUPID thing by trying to avoid it and pretending it never existed. I don't even have bills or any papers around. PLEASE remember this when you respond. I do NOT know how much I owe and who I owe it to. Are there any debt consolidators that can help me with this just by using my SSN#? Again, I DON'T KNOW who to send money to and even how much! The phone calls have stopped, (LOL) and so have the harassing letters. I hope I made myself clear as to what I'm asking. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best debt consolidator?

Hi tpino84, welcome to the forums.

Most of us have cleaned or are working on cleaning up our CR. You can do it yourself. No one can do it better and learn at the same time!!

We talk in abrevs. so this thread has newbie info and all the abbrevs that we use. It has the frequently requested thread also. This thread is full of info!

You need all 3 CR in order to see the complete report. If you have not done so already......you can get all 3 for free once a year  www.annualcreditreport.com

Newbie thread

Things that you need to know......
CRTP v SOL

SOL....time limit in which you can be sued

You dispute with the CRAs
You DV CAs
Medical collections are handled different from other collections!
Never dispute (with the CRAs) accurate reporting
Never offer a PFD until after a DV letter

Sounds confusing but it really isn't!

Scores........CC  (revolving accounts) count 35 % of your score........Installment only 10%

CO  or collections are a score killer!

You say that you only have collections on your CR now.   Bad debt stays on your CR for approx 7 years from DOFD/DOLA                     When yours drop or are deleted   you will have no score or no credit history!       utilities usually only report when you owe them money.

Pull your CR and post your collections in here.....we do not need the amount owed....the date the account were opened with the OC or the date reported

What we need is the DOFD/DOLA........this can be gotten off or your CR.....look for the drop date (will remain on your CR until  month/ year.......then count backward to get your SOL.

If you can't find it on your CR   call the CRAs and ask for it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best debt consolidator?

So in 7 years, these collections will go away? and my score will be at 0 again?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.