cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place to get credit report?

tag
Cupcake78

Best place to get credit report?

Accordingto Credit Karma/Sesame, something is reporting late on my cr. 

Where should I get the credit report from?  I already pulled my free report last spring.  Should I just pay through annualcreditreport.com, or just buy it from the actual CRA.  Does it matter?  Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Best place to get credit report?

http://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes/credit-disputes.page not sure if your allowed to post links but if you google transunion dispute online which is what i believe creditkarma pulls, there is a page that allows you to file a dispute online. in this process they will show you your credit report as many times as you would like!. One could call this lying to the credit bureau but ehe i see it as getting something for free that should already be free.

Message 2 of 8
Cupcake78

Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Cupcake78 wrote:

Accordingto Credit Karma/Sesame, something is reporting late on my cr. 

Where should I get the credit report from?  I already pulled my free report last spring.  Should I just pay through annualcreditreport.com, or just buy it from the actual CRA.  Does it matter?  Thanks

www.annualcreditreport.com you are allowed 1 free credit report from all 3 CRA's per year. They are the most detailed and accurate.

DaBears

Message 4 of 8
Cupcake78

I already got my annual free report, I just need to see an updated copy, as there is something new reporting.

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You would need to pay for them either through the CRAs or annualcreditreport.com.

Message 6 of 8
Cupcake78

If I know the collection agency, could I just write them for verification, even if I don't know what the collection is about?

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can, yes.  But if it is still within your state SOL and they validate and you can't PIF, it could cause them to sue you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.