Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best step to have a duplicate CA taken off CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best step to have a duplicate CA taken off CR

Question, on my EX CR it has Midland listed twice for the same account, but when I just pulled mine on MYFico it only list it as once. Can I call EX to find out if it is listed twice and dispute it.....or will that mess my chance up to DV Midland. I was just thinking that having it on twice is probably making my score lower than what it should be....

Message Edited by vesper on 05-15-2008 04:07 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best step to have a duplicate CA taken off CR

anybody?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck...I thought it was going to be that easy with EX too...last month..i disputed a duplicate...a week ago..I got the results..and it says "Verified"...I did not dispute the verification of the account...they did NOTHING...it's still there...and I did the dispute over the phone so they could know exactly what I was talking about...and she agreed..but no deletion...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would dispute in writing, either fax or mail.

List the two accounts side by side and state "These are duplicate accounts, please remove one"
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good Luck...I thought it was going to be that easy with EX too...last month..i disputed a duplicate...a week ago..I got the results..and it says "Verified"...I did not dispute the verification of the account...they did NOTHING...it's still there...and I did the dispute over the phone so they could know exactly what I was talking about...and she agreed..but no deletion...

Thats what I am afraid of. Thanks for letting me know. I know that you should DV a CA before disputing with the CRA so I didn't want to mess up that opportunity if I disputed about the 2 accounts listed first.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.