Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to contact for goodwill removal

tag
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Best way to contact for goodwill removal

I have 3 baddies on my report (small medical collections, paid in 2014) all through the same company.   Is it best to call/email/snailmail a request for goodwill removal?  Until I found this board a few weeks ago, I didn't realize you could negotiate removal for payment.  

They were embarrassing low amounts that I just didn't realize were open.  How often will a company even remove 3 baddies?

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Best way to contact for goodwill removal

You paid them already?!

Message 2 of 4
McNugget
Regular Contributor

I did, back in 2014 when I got them.  They'll be on my reports for a few years still, so I'd like to ask for a goodwill removal.  

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going through the same process with DW's four paid to $0 medical collections. Step 1 was to send a gw letter to CA. That was done Feb 4th via normal snail mail, and no response yet. Not a surprise.  Step 2 through Step N, will be to follow the steps in the write-up done by Cynthia Hoover on September 24, 2016 on ToughNickel. We already have 4 letters (this time, one for each collection) ready to go, and will be sending via certified mail.  Cynthia recommends 30 days between correspondence so will be mailed on Monday.

Google the phrases I put in italics and the article will be first in the search result.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.