Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to get credit reports?

I'm getting ready to start a big project here. I have a 10 y/o bankruptcy about to fall off next month, an auto CO switching hands at the 7 year mark, 8+ medical collections from 2014 that have been resold countless times already.. I need to know the best way to get started.

I've read from some that getting paper reports is the only way to go, because the paper versions show EVERYTHING. I have paper reports from a year or two ago in a box somewhere because I was told by a friend to pull it before I began rebuilding so I could compare in a year or two.

I'm ready to get to work. What do I do? ..and can anyone tell me how to get my 3 credit reports in paper again? I found paper forms I filled out and mailed, and now I can't find them again.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best way to get credit reports?

Did you get your credit reports from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action ? These are very detailed,  no score, but you can see everything including soft pulls. Save as PDF and print if you need them right away. These are just paper versions of your reports saved in a digital format. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick search turned this information up:

To order, visit annualcreditreport.com, call 1-877-322-8228. Or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to:

Annual Credit Report Request Service

P.O. Box 105281

Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.

Do not contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies individually.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found it at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports

Link to the Annual Credit Report Request Form one must fill out to receive reports by mail:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0093-annual-report-request-form.pdf

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The web site at annualcreditreport.com is THE government-sanctioned site approved by the FTC as the method by which the big-3 CRAs can fulfill their obligation under the FCRA to provide an free annual report to each consumer.

Since it is approved as being in compliance with the annual reporting requirement, the site tends to be much more comprehensive in the information content.  I would definately get a free report from that site from each CRA of you seek the best current credit report........

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The web site at annualcreditreport.com is THE government-sanctioned site approved by the FTC as the method by which the big-3 CRAs can fulfill their obligation under the FCRA to provide the free annual report to each consumer.

Since it is approved as being in compliance with the annual reporting requirement, the site tends to be much more comprehensive in the information content.  I would definately get a free report from that site from each CRA of you seek the best current credit report........

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.