Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beyond frustrated with first progress and moneygram

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beyond frustrated with first progress and moneygram

First progress is my only non store card at the moment. (Still waiting on cap1 identity verification on unsecured platinum) When I first opened it, it was great and I had no problems. I paid my statements online with moneygram and my debit card. Sometimes 2 or 3 a month depending on usage. Now for some reason I can no longer pay it this way. I have to go in to a moneygram location to pay it. I have to give an agent in another country my info such as SSN and license # etc on a phone, out in the open for anyone to hear. Then go over to the counter and pay them cash only. No debit card allowed. Other choice is the mail in option which puts a 10 day hold on my payment. Right now, it's almost maxed out so I need to pay it down before it reports on the 22nd. At this point what I really want to do is just close it and let them keep my security deposit. It's not worth the hassle of all that. Grrrrr!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Beyond frustrated with first progress and moneygram

@Anonymous wrote:
First progress is my only non store card at the moment. (Still waiting on cap1 identity verification on unsecured platinum) When I first opened it, it was great and I had no problems. I paid my statements online with moneygram and my debit card. Sometimes 2 or 3 a month depending on usage. Now for some reason I can no longer pay it this way. I have to go in to a moneygram location to pay it. I have to give an agent in another country my info such as SSN and license # etc on a phone, out in the open for anyone to hear. Then go over to the counter and pay them cash only. No debit card allowed. Other choice is the mail in option which puts a 10 day hold on my payment. Right now, it's almost maxed out so I need to pay it down before it reports on the 22nd. At this point what I really want to do is just close it and let them keep my security deposit. It's not worth the hassle of all that. Grrrrr!

I would close it as soon as you get another, do not just close it with a balance and think the security deposit is going to cover it, you need to see if they will agree to pay off the balance that way or you have to pay it before they release the security back to you.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

And my frustration grows. Cap1 has accepted my Social security card and rejected my license. I emailed the ceo, explained my dilemma (the dog literally ate my license, making it difficult to scan or get a clear picture of) offered to send birth certificate, utility bills and answer any quizzes based on my credit report. So I guess we shall see. Im just ready to chuck it all at this point and stick wuth my 2 store cards and my self lender loan. I'm just THAT over it. Honestly. I'm over here paying my bills on time, paying off baddies I owe and then it seems it just gets harder and harder to make it all worthwhile.

Ok whiny butt crybaby moment over. Onward. Again.
Message 3 of 10
2Hogrider
Established Member

crazedforcredit I wouldn't give up with cap1 they are a good company but may I suggest just going to the DMV and getting a new license in my state you get it right there and then. also, I wouldn't give up on your current card.
On a funny note, I can relate my dog ate my wallet years ago this was before the chips in cards now and the magnetic strip didn't work anymore due to the teeth holes my beloved pet put in them. had to wait 3 weeks for my new cards to arrive 

Message 4 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
And my frustration grows. Cap1 has accepted my Social security card and rejected my license. I emailed the ceo, explained my dilemma (the dog literally ate my license, making it difficult to scan or get a clear picture of) offered to send birth certificate, utility bills and answer any quizzes based on my credit report. So I guess we shall see. Im just ready to chuck it all at this point and stick wuth my 2 store cards and my self lender loan. I'm just THAT over it. Honestly. I'm over here paying my bills on time, paying off baddies I owe and then it seems it just gets harder and harder to make it all worthwhile.

Make an appt at the DMV and get a new license. Or get there early and walk in when they open.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately in my case it's not quite that simple. But I'll manage something. I usually do. Just a series of well aimed punches that all landed on the same day. My self lender also reported yesterday. Thankfully I was already prepared for the drop in my score, so at least THAT didn't suck. Plus it only dropped 4 points. I'm still in the "fair" category according to CCT, so at least that's something.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep my little darling munched on my license, 2 debit cards, and a work ID scan card, not to mention a hairbrush , tube of lipstick, $20 bill, and the power bill. Now my purse goes up on top of a highboy dresser as soon as I get home every day 😂😂
Message 7 of 10
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I'm so sorry but this post made me laugh.  Good luck!

dogatemydebitcard.png

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 8 of 10
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@crazedforcredit 

If it is any consolation, they say that when a dog chews up your stuff it is because the love you and miss you ;-)

(probably "they" say that because they don't want us to kill our little fuzzy shredders!)

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never heard that one but I'll have to keep it in mind when he gets chew happy again 😆
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.