Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted from Credit One and US Bank/Elan

tag
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Blacklisted from Credit One and US Bank/Elan

Does anybody know how long Credit One’s black list lasts? I charged off with them in 2017, filed Chapter 7 and that was discharged early 2018.
Also, I still can’t get approved for any US Bank secured cards. I charged off with them in college around year 2006.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: Blacklisted from Credit One and US Bank/Elan

I think Credit One's blacklist is either very long or permanent. I am on it for a completely BS reason. In 2008, I opened a card with them and they sent it. I called to activate it and I failed the indentity verification, so they closed the account. I checked their prequalifier the other day and I am still on their blacklist. It came back and said "You are not eligible for a card with Credit One because you previously did not pay the balancew on an account with us."

Message 2 of 9
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I can not help with the specific answer to your two questions, unfortunately.   But, I can offer these two opinions/ viewpoints:

1) regarding CreditOne, I assume there is a black list, but this is of little loss to you.  I would advise against this type of rebuilder in general, but if you should or must use one, there are others available.  Merric, AvantCard being two.  You should never really need more than one of these, if any ....

2) Elan and US Bank are conservative in general, I would not be surprised if there is a very long blacklist. Since they are conservative lenders, it is not uncommon for them to not be part of a rebuild.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Why worry about Credit One when theres others out there that are much better. @BallBounces gave good advise on some banks. Yesterday a poster got in with Mission One with $1000 and no AF. Merrick will double your limit with good use. And there s always Disco secured if your scores are good enough to get in and they graduate. Think of it as a blessing you got blacklisted from them. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up on tough times 5 years back and had a CreditOne go to collections, I paid them off a few years ago and they sent me an invitation a few months later. Not sure how Ch7 works, but maybe call and see how you can take care of it to qualify?

Petal Card may be able to help you as well, good credit rebuilding card with no annual fee. I have one just for sock drawer use now to improve my overall CL, but it's taken me several years to get decent cards. Good luck to you, I know the struggle all to well and it will get better
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks being blacklisted by Credit One is a good thing. I never had them but I wish they’d blacklist me so I wouldn’t have to get mailers from them.

OP, the banks above listed by the other posters are great ways to rebuild, especially the secured Disco. Any of them, if treated right, can get you well on your way to credit health again.
Message 6 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Trade ya @Anonymous  with my Ollo mailers. Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I’d do it even just to get different crap to shred.
Message 8 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

@TattnallTrio wrote:
Does anybody know how long Credit One’s black list lasts? I charged off with them in 2017, filed Chapter 7 and that was discharged early 2018.
Also, I still can’t get approved for any US Bank secured cards. I charged off with them in college around year 2006.

Stay away from Credit One.

What are you trying to achieve? Do you want to establish credit? There are other options besides those two lenders.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.