Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Mastercard Application Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blaze Mastercard Application Question

I applied for a Blaze Mastercard on Oct 4.  I called the application status line and spoke to an agent. As a side note, they have stellar customer service. She said that they needed address verification. A few days later I received a letter asking for address verification. 

I know this isn't a great card, but it's decent for a sub-prime card. I currently have a US bank secured card ($500 limit) , a milestone mastercard ($300 limit), and an Indigo card ($300 limit) I haven't activated. I was hoping blaze could be my 3rd card instead of indigo. I was wondering if anyone else had this result,  and if this means it is likely or unlikely approved.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Blaze Mastercard Application Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Blaze Mastercard on Oct 4.  I called the application status line and spoke to an agent. As a side note, they have stellar customer service. She said that they needed address verification. A few days later I received a letter asking for address verification. 

I know this isn't a great card, but it's decent for a sub-prime card. I currently have a US bank secured card ($500 limit) , a milestone mastercard ($300 limit), and an Indigo card ($300 limit) I haven't activated. I was hoping blaze could be my 3rd card instead of indigo. I was wondering if anyone else had this result,  and if this means it is likely or unlikely approved.

Hi @Anonymous, I think you made right decision in applying for Blaze. Though they have hefty AF $75/year they will waive it after 1st year. You have to call them and ask them. Also after 6 months you'll get CLI and at the 1 year mark you can ask for another CLI. Some of the posters here got their CLI increased upto $5000. My card Blaze card turned 6 months old. I cancelled my Indigo Card turned 1 year and I have to pay $99 AF. I am sure you'll be happy with Blaze card and drop Indigo after having the card for 12 months. Good Luck.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you already have the indigo card, it is already going to be reported to the bureaus whether or not you have activated it. May as well hang onto it for the 1 year until the AF comes up again since you already took the ding for a new HP/TL. Just IMO.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know,  thank you. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I got the card, it took about 30days for approval.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 6
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! What was your SL and score, if you dont mind?

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.