Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA GW success by contacting office of CEO

tag
jhr4
Established Member

BoA GW success by contacting office of CEO

I had a 30,60 day late payment on my BoA credit card last year. I didn't use my card all last year so I never checked the balance. In April, my annual fee was added, but I didn't notice until 2 or 3 months later and immediatly paid once I did. I saq the late on my credit score about a month ago. While it was my fault (I should have been looking at my statements), I thought I might be able to ask for forgiveness.

I tried calling normal numbers for help, but they couldn't do anything thing. I got pitty, but they said they did't have the power. I decided to write an email directly to the CEO (found it online). I was skeptical that this would work. Why would the CEO of a company of 100,000+ employees read my email. I was surprised to get a call back from someone that evening. The woman was very nice. She asked about the situation, and asked if she could pull my statements from 2011. I gave her permission, and she said she would call me in the next day but worst case in the next week. I got a call the following evening. She said she confirmed that the only charges were from the annual fee. She asked if she could soft pull my credit report to see what BoA was reporting. She called me the next day and told me the news. She had spoken with some top exectutives, and they thought it wasn't fair to report lates for this reason (although I doubt they would have though that if I would have had more lates). She said that the lates would be removed from the CRAs in the next 6 weeks, and that she would be letting the CEO know that the matter was resolved. I thanked her a lot.

The woman was incredibly nice. Honestly, I know it was a huge favor to ask. Even if the outcome was different, it was a good feeling to think someone was at least trying. My view of BoA has increased a lot because of this.

---

A couple of related items, as I am fascinated how this all worked.

• The woman answed the phone as "Card Services for the office of the President and CEO"
  • She said she was a credit analyst by trade
  • The phone number she called from was based in Arizona, but BoA is based in North Carolina.
  • She called me just after 7pm ET each day

Do you think this was someone helping me in her spare time?

How big is the Office of CEO because I don't think she was a secretary?

Do you think the CEO was actually briefed as to the outcome of this situation?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA GW success by contacting office of CEO

Well,, someone at BOA doing what's right.  Good customer service, now if they can keep it up.  Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Went ahead and sent one out regarding my BOA CC that I treated poorly.  Not the same compelling reasoning you had, but it's worth a shot.  We'll see how far that gets me...I had 6 lates over 5 years, hoping to have the TL deleted entirely, although I requested to have the lates deleted as a best case scenario.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 8
Jutz
Valued Contributor

FYI, I got a response today. A real nice guy from the executive office called me and told me he was assigned to my case.  He didn't exactly sound hopeful, but who knows. At the very least he understood what I was asking for.  He even said based on FCRA it did need to be accurate, and he had issues before trying to just remove information. Who knows. Just happy to get traction. 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 4 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hopefully something good will come of it, keep us posted Jutz!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 6 of 8
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Congrats on the deletion of those lates!!

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Update:  My rep in charge of my case told me no go.  He basically reviewed my account to look for reasons that might show even a vague fault of BoA or a policy that created my lates.  Unfortunately, as I had already told them, I wasn't blaming BoA for anything, I was looking for a show of good faith for a current and long time customer.  None came, so there goes that.  Was hoping to really wipe this one out, it would have gotten rid of 6 of my total derogs (spanning from 1-3 years old) and a major derog (3 year old 90 day)

Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.