Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa Baddie Removal Help

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Boa Baddie Removal Help

I am trying to rebuild my credit. I have "baddies":

1. A Federal Lien released in 2008 that I have filed irs form 12277 to withdrawal the lien. I filed 2 weeks ago and don't expect to hear back for at least another few weeks

2. Boa credit card. I was delinquent to the point that they cancelled it. Due to finance charges i ended up with a balance of 1400 dollars which was 400 over my 1000 limit. I settled with boa for their offer of 798 dollars in 2011/ jan 2012. I am a boa cstrustomer and have had my checking and savings accounts with them since 2006. I sent a secured email through my account and got nowhere. Then i sent an email to a bank bigwig. Someone from the bank left a voicemail 2 days ago wanting to discuss it. I am not sure what my strate gy should be. I just left her a voicemail explaining my situation. I offered to pay more than i have towards it to get it removed. I don't think it is worth it to me to pay 500 more to get this item removed from my credit reports but i would be willing to pay like 100. i explained that I am trying to get a job in the financial industry and that this negative item that is already settled basically is standing between me and a better job. I am going to try to appeal to the banks' goodwill to help me. Although I have been a customer I haven't been a great one. I have had several bounced checks and overdrafts etc but hopefully that won't matter. My question is, Is this a viable strategy I am pursuing and can it be successful?. I believe that since we already legally settled, I am not opening a legal can of worms by revisiting this issue. Thanks in advance for any advice....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Boa Baddie Removal Help

Update. BofA rep emailed me to say she is on vacation this week but she will call me to help me as soon as she gets back monday. That is aweful nice of her. 

They seem to be very responsive to me. I haven't gotten the baddy removed yet but I'm going to keep pleading my case. Once these two items come off I will basically have a credit report with nothing on it. It will be like just starting out a clean slate and I can just let my 2i  new accounts age over time and then once my scores are high enough add a "prime" card and some sort of installment loan. 

Message 2 of 3
huntsmama
New Contributor

Re: Boa Baddie Removal Help

Can you PM me the e-mail address or telephone number you've used? I've e-mailed a big wig twice now and have heard nothing. I've been a customer for 10 years, a good customer, I screwed up my credit but never my actual money that I own and would LOVE to get this paid charge off removed sooner rather than later!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.