Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Goodwill Rejection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Goodwill Rejection

My second goodwill email to the BofA president resulted in a rejection letter.  I had one 30 day late reported to all credit bureaus in September 2013.  The card was opened in July, 2005, so I had 8 years of perfect history with them.  I have paid in full each statement since they reported the 30 day late.  I realize it's almost 2 years old and the damage is low at this point, but I would very much like to remove this single baddie from my CR.  Below is their letter, my emphasis added.  It sounds like they do not want me to write again.

June 26, 2015

Correspondence received on:  June 19, 2015

Dear M   :

I am responding to your correspondence addressed to the Chairman and CEO of Bank of America, Mr. Brian T. Moynihan.  We understand the importance of listening to you, our customer.  We appreciate the time you took to share the concerns.  Please find our response to your concerns.

OUR RESPONSE

Our resolution letter dated May 13, 2015, informed you of our findings and we have addressed these concerns.  Our records indicate your account was opened on July X, 2005.  We did not receive payments for the August and September 2013 monthly billing cycles.  As such, your account was reported 30 days delinquent to the national credit reporting agencies.

Based on further review of your concerns, our previous decision remains unchanged.  We are unable to comply with your request to remove any delinquency from your credit file as there has been no bank error in how the account is being reported.

We understand that this is not the outcome you were hoping for; however, based on our reviews of your concerns and the information contained in this correspondence, we consider this matter to be formally and properly closed.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

If you have any questions or would like to discuss further, please contact Customer Service at 1.877.XXX.XXXX.

Sincerely,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA Goodwill Rejection

Put them on a schedule of one letter every 2 months until it either ages off or you get the goodwill.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.