cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA and NCO Fiasco

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Member

BofA and NCO Fiasco

First I'd like to thank the contributors on this forum, as I enter a fierce credit rebuilding time in my life.
I seem to have come up on a positive and a negative.  After reading this forum non-stop for the past 3 days and staying up late and doing everything from GW letters to fighting unauthorized inquires, I have reached a problem i need some help with.
 
I have an old BofA checking account that had gone into overdraft mode from not using it for over six months and fees slowly eating the small balance that it had.  The open date shows at 10/07 and the CA is NCO FINANCIAL which is a pain.  The total is $627.52 with all the fees it accrued and everything.
 
I decided to call BofA first, and by the grace of God and talking to Ms.Paige, the supervisor in Recovery, I managed to get HER to send me a letter of payment after asking for a PFD.  She also put me on hold and supposedly spoke to a supervisor at NCO named "Judy" who said that my account had been sent back and been "closed" on my credit report on July 12.  Ms. Paige told me that although she couldn't send me a letter saying that she would delete the entry, but she told me that it would reflect on my report within 30-45 days and she told me that she would personally send a letter once I PIF to NCO and they would take out the TL.
I got really excited, but then I decided to call NCO, and although not being able to reach "Judy" who didn't happen to work at the branch that I called from the number on my CR, but the slow talking operator told me that NCO "doesn't delete" and only "closes" accounts on peoples CRs.  But he did confirm that my account was "no longer with NCO" and if any1 could delete the TL it would be the bank.
 
My question is :
Which one is it?  Do they delete it, amd I approaching it in the right way?  What should I do when I receive the letter from BofA?


Message Edited by YngMoneyMIA on 07-16-2008 12:56 PM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Contributor

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco



YngMoneyMIA wrote:
First I'd like to thank the contributors on this forum, as I enter a fierce credit rebuilding time in my life.
I seem to have come up on a positive and a negative.  After reading this forum non-stop for the past 3 days and staying up late and doing everything from GW letters to fighting unauthorized inquires, I have reached a problem i need some help with.
 
I have an old BofA checking account that had gone into overdraft mode from not using it for over six months and fees slowly eating the small balance that it had.  The open date shows at 10/07 and the CA is NCO FINANCIAL which is a pain.  The total is $627.52 with all the fees it accrued and everything.
 
I decided to call BofA first, and by the grace of God and talking to Ms.Paige, the supervisor in Recovery, I managed to get HER to send me a letter of payment after asking for a PFD.  She also put me on hold and supposedly spoke to a supervisor at NCO named "Judy" who said that my account had been sent back and been "closed" on my credit report on July 12.  Ms. Paige told me that although she couldn't send me a letter saying that she would delete the entry, but she told me that it would reflect on my report within 30-45 days and she told me that she would personally send a letter once I PIF to NCO and they would take out the TL.
I got really excited, but then I decided to call NCO, and although not being able to reach "Judy" who didn't happen to work at the branch that I called from the number on my CR, but the slow talking operator told me that NCO "doesn't delete" and only "closes" accounts on peoples CRs.  But he did confirm that my account was "no longer with NCO" and if any1 could delete it TL it would be the bank.
 
My question is :
Which one is it?  Do they delete it, amd I approaching it in the right way?  What should I do when I receive the letter from BofA?


You really need to heed the advice of others on this forum that have posted answers to your questions already.  That being said....you need to get EVERYTHING in writing.
 
I would send the full media validation to NCO...you absolutely can not trust the CAs...DO NOT SIGN YOUR NAME on the DV.  Send it CMRRR. 
 
 Additionally, I would call Ms. Paige at BOA back and let her know what NCO told you.  NCO is the only one that can delete the "NCO" info, if it is shown on your CR.
 
 Additionally, request Ms. Paige's employee id #, so you have proof that you spoke to her.  Employee ids are invaluable tools when negotiating via telephone.  I would "nicely" request of Ms. Paige the "letter" be emailed to you with a hard copy being sent regular mail.
 
In the future I would suggest you always get a name and employee id# when communicating verbally with anyone regarding your credit, accounts or transactions.
I know you are anxious to clean up your credit, however you must follow the procedures laid out to protect yourself legally and to make sure you have a "legal leg" to stand on should things fall apart later.  It is not uncommon for items to be removed from your CR only to be reinserted days, weeks and even years down the road.
 
If a reinsertion on your record did occur later on would you have the proper documentation to show?  I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know the folks on this forum giving of their time to advise us have worked long and hard to clean up their credit (with a lot of them still working on it).  I would not take their advice lightly.
 
Please take this post in the spirit it was intended.  By your own admission you are young, there are a lot of us here that have learned the hard way to "listen" when given advice by someone who has "been there and done that".  I sincerely wish you the best of luck in attaining you goals.  It is obvious you are a very driven person and I do think you will go very far in life, if you balance your passion with knowledge.Smiley Wink
__________________________________________________________
"Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude." Wallace Wattles
Message 2 of 17
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco



YngMoneyMIA wrote:
First I'd like to thank the contributors on this forum, as I enter a fierce credit rebuilding time in my life.
I seem to have come up on a positive and a negative.  After reading this forum non-stop for the past 3 days and staying up late and doing everything from GW letters to fighting unauthorized inquires, I have reached a problem i need some help with.
 
I have an old BofA checking account that had gone into overdraft mode from not using it for over six months and fees slowly eating the small balance that it had.  The open date shows at 10/07 and the CA is NCO FINANCIAL which is a pain.  The total is $627.52 with all the fees it accrued and everything.
 
I decided to call BofA first, and by the grace of God and talking to Ms.Paige, the supervisor in Recovery, I managed to get HER to send me a letter of payment after asking for a PFD.  She also put me on hold and supposedly spoke to a supervisor at NCO named "Judy" who said that my account had been sent back and been "closed" on my credit report on July 12.  Ms. Paige told me that although she couldn't send me a letter saying that she would delete the entry, but she told me that it would reflect on my report within 30-45 days and she told me that she would personally send a letter once I PIF to NCO and they would take out the TL.
I got really excited, but then I decided to call NCO, and although not being able to reach "Judy" who didn't happen to work at the branch that I called from the number on my CR, but the slow talking operator told me that NCO "doesn't delete" and only "closes" accounts on peoples CRs.  But he did confirm that my account was "no longer with NCO" and if any1 could delete the TL it would be the bank.
 
My question is :
Which one is it?  Do they delete it, amd I approaching it in the right way?  What should I do when I receive the letter from BofA?


Message Edited by YngMoneyMIA on 07-16-2008 12:56 PM


If NCO is reporting on your report and they are saying they no longer have your account, then they need to remove it from your reports. Only them or the CRA can remove it.
 
I would DV them.
 
Who has the account now? Did BoA accept payment?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 3 of 17
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco

I take it that BOA is not reporting  is that correct?   If they are not   then send a DV  CMRRR to the CA
 
They must answer in 30 days.  Then you can send them a PFD.  Wait until they answer...If they accept the PFD  It MUST be worded right...It must state that they will DELETE all referance to this account from their data base and with all CBs!!!!
 
Sometime they will send a letter that says ...we will update the info to read paid.....this is no good!
Message 4 of 17
New Member

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco

BofA is sending me the invoice letter so I can go in to a branch and PIF, so they accepted it.
 
And yes...BofA is NOT reporting.


Message Edited by YngMoneyMIA on 07-16-2008 01:20 PM
Message 5 of 17
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco

If you PIF  BOA and you do not have that they will delete in writting   it will stay on your CR for approx. 7 years from DOFD
 
Even if only the CA is reporting.....the OC must say in writting that they will pull the assignment from the CA & have them delete all reporting to all CBs


Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-16-2008 01:22 PM
Message 6 of 17
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco



YngMoneyMIA wrote:
BofA is sending me the invoice letter so I can go in to a branch and PIF, so they accepted it.
 
And yes...BofA is NOT reporting.


Message Edited by YngMoneyMIA on 07-16-2008 01:20 PM

Get that letter, go pay. Send the DV to the CA.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 7 of 17
New Member

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco



YngMoneyMIA wrote:
BofA is sending me the invoice letter so I can go in to a branch and PIF, so they accepted it.
 
And yes...BofA is NOT reporting.


Message Edited by YngMoneyMIA on 07-16-2008 01:20 PM

Get that letter, go pay. Send the DV to the CA.
 

 

 

 

 

That's it? will do.  I'll send the DV to NCO asap, and await the letter from BofA to pay.

Message 8 of 17
Contributor

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco



HappyDays wrote:
I take it that BOA is not reporting  is that correct?   If they are not   then send a DV  CMRRR to the CA
 
They must answer in 30 days.  Then you can send them a PFD.  Wait until they answer...If they accept the PFD  It MUST be worded right...It must state that they will DELETE all referance to this account from their data base and with all CBs!!!!
 
Sometime they will send a letter that says ...we will update the info to read paid.....this is no good!


Happy,
You are saying:  he must DV the CA CMRRR.  The CA must respond in thirty days.  Then he can send BoA the PFD, if CA does not verify/or deletes???? 
 
The OP should not pay based on an "invoice letter".   Correct????
__________________________________________________________
"Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude." Wallace Wattles
Message 9 of 17
New Member

Re: BofA and NCO Fiasco

 
Are we sure BoA is not reporting at all on his CR?  If they are and it is negative is it still okay to pay them without a PFD?   I'm new at this....and you guys have a lot more experience than I do???
 
Kidshelper:
 
BofA is NOT reporting for sure, just NCO, which has told me today that the status of the account with them is CLOSED.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.