Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA misreported mortgage payments for 10 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA misreported mortgage payments for 10 months

Hi,

I am curious how many ppoints I lost due to BofA screwing up badly.  They have been reporting my mortgage deliquest for 10 solid months  From Oct 08 to June 09!  To be specific non payment for 10 months.  You can imagine my surprise when I went to turn in my lease and get another car and they tell me credit score is 520 for non payment of my mortgage for the last 10 months.  BofA is fixing it and I have it in writting that they are.  But I don't really know where my score was before so I curious how much this error dropped my score and what I could possibly expect it to back up when the correction is complete.  From everything I have been reading it is a mystery on how they score things so I don't expect anything concrete, just a ball park so I know what rate I am going to be looking at when I am able to trade my lease and buy another one.

Should I expect it jump only 100 points or 200 points, I just don't really have a clue. 

I did look at my reports and everthing else is correct.

I look forward to any information that can be provided.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DI
Super Contributor

Re: BofA misreported mortgage payments for 10 months

You should see a big increase if no other adverse data is on your reports.  It is very important to always periodically check your credit reports for accuracy.  And in your case since you are leasing a car you definately want to stay up on your credit so that you won't run into any problems come leasing time. 

BOA should be able to fix the problem within hours, and you see the updates within days on your credit reports. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.