Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosting options--PLEASE HELP

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Boosting options--PLEASE HELP

My scores are below, I want a home loan in may, I have paid off all collections although unfortunately I was unable to get them removed from my report. I have diversified my credit accts, I have 6 cc, a line of credit, 2 auto loans, student loan, all current, no lates in almost 2 years, util up and down between 9-30%, depending on the month, I have been experimenting with this to get the optimal score..... I'm at a loss, I need a big boost bad in the next few months. I am gardening as they say here, no more credit apps until I get a pull for mortgage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and considered!!
Thanks!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Boosting options--PLEASE HELP

The only thing I can say is find someone else to send GW letters to have the collections removed.

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Boosting options--PLEASE HELP

@907grown wrote:
My scores are below, I want a home loan in may, I have paid off all collections although unfortunately I was unable to get them removed from my report. I have diversified my credit accts, I have 6 cc, a line of credit, 2 auto loans, student loan, all current, no lates in almost 2 years, util up and down between 9-30%, depending on the month, I have been experimenting with this to get the optimal score..... I'm at a loss, I need a big boost bad in the next few months. I am gardening as they say here, no more credit apps until I get a pull for mortgage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and considered!!
Thanks!

Question why 9-30% UTL  when the general rule is 1-9% UTL?

This alone may get you a score boost if you can bring UTL down and find the sweet spot that works for you within those parameters of 1-9%

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.