cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom Feeders

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Bottom Feeders

So I got an alert from Credit Karma anout a new account. I go to look and Spire (gas co) is showing collections for a $52 balance I legitimately did not know I owed. I immediately called to pay this off. I guess the final bill fell through the cracks during the move. Anyway, they were very nice and understanding and now I definitely have a zero balance with them.
Fadt forward 24 hours and BAM! A new collection has been added from Amsher collections for T-mobile. The only problem is, I had a no contract plan with them. I switched to Verizon in January and ported my number, which T Mobile only allows if you dont have an outstanding balance. I tried to call Tmobile but they can't find my account. So it looks like I am going to have to didpute this. Which will be a pain because I had everything "paperless" and since I am not a current customer, I can no longer access the account info to prove I don't owe anything. I know this is just the start of the bottom feeders since I am working to clean up my baddies. When I get PRA paid, I expect to see them come out of the woodwork. The joys of credit repair and trying to do the right thing by paying the bills you owe.
Starting rebuild July 2019 EX 501, EQ 512, TU n/a CCT Fico 8 scores
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Senior Contributor

Re: Bottom Feeders

Since Tmo can't find your account, can you get them to send something to you in writing (mail or email) to that effect?  I had to do something like that to "prove" I didn't owe money, they were kind enough to send an email and I printed it and used that for my disputes (it worked).

Good luck!

EQ: 795 | EX: 785 | TU: 783 | Accounts: 2/6 6/12 10/24
Happy practitioner of AZE6or7or8
Message 2 of 4
Established Contributor

Im going to reach out to Tmo again this week and see if they will do that. Great idea, thanks! I was so aggravated when I spoke to them yesterday I didn't even think to ask for anything.
Starting rebuild July 2019 EX 501, EQ 512, TU n/a CCT Fico 8 scores
Message 3 of 4
Established Member

You should be able to request something that says you do not have an active account, if the Tmo helpline is of no help, perhaps try going to a local Tmo store to see if you can be provided something by managment at a store level.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.