Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breathe of Fresh Air!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Breathe of Fresh Air!!

So today I paid off one of my smaller collections and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder!!  The process was probably the easiest ever as soon as I verified my info the rep gave me the run down on the account and said if you pay in full we'll delete it from your credit profile!

No nastiness or loud talking involved, I paid and I immediately received the confirmation email with them stating its PD in full and will be processed for deletion on Friday! I wish all the collectors were like this.

They may have been super nice since the debt was from 2011, but I have no problem paying what I owe and I know it won't pop up again for anything less.

Sooooo happy! 

1 down 5 to go lol

Here's what my damage looks like.

6 collections accounts

$1300-adstra I know they do PFD- plan to pay that in Feb

$1200-medical bill: they said its too old for charity care, I started looking into hippa process

$256- midwest recovery for old us bank account * I plan on paying this over the weekend but I didn't receive anything in the mail or phone calls prior to this popping up on my credit. o_0

$431 Harris and Harris- Plan on disputing because I moved out of state a cpl years ago in Dec and they said the bill is for dec and Jan

$649 Enhance Recovery- It's a time warner bill from 2011, I was in college and lived at home with parent so I'll be disputing that

$602 Ambulance bill- Is this eligible to go thru hippa?

Derog.

Capital one 30 days late on car and cc's the cards are now closed marked as closed by credit grantor

Thinking about GW both

Positive

Student loans

Open Sky CC

Auto loan

average age of credit is 1 year Smiley Sad newest account is 8 months

That's it my credit score is in the low 5's Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Breathe of Fresh Air!!

You might want to sign up for collectionshield360.com

It's free.. and they might be able to help your rebuild

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Breathe of Fresh Air!!

Thanks! I did sign up for that site last week, I've just heard that it takes up to 60 days to get anything done. My lease end is coming up and I'm looking to move so I really want to get these things taken care of by the end of this month. I've never had to pay a deposit but I feel like with these new collections I may have too.

I'm mainly worried about the harris & harris(Utility) and the ERC (TWC) I was told medical bills are excluded. I feel like I may be able to get the TW early excluded or deleted completely. I had my previous landlord send over a document to the utility company showing I was no longer the account holder so hopefully, that'll help resolve this. I'll almost be back in the clear!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.