Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brick wall with Citi

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Brick wall with Citi

So I contacted the EO offices of Citi in hopes having some lates removed that were generated after I was enrolled in a credit counseling program.....this is what I got back. I guess I am just stuck Smiley Sad I am sure not having any successes with my accounts, and it is getting depressing.

Thank you for your recent email to ______. Because your inquiry is related to the manner in  which your above-referenced account is reporting to the three major consumer reporting agencies, he has asked that I respond on his behalf.

I was sorry to learn of the financial difficulties you experienced, Ms., and the fact that these difficulties caused you to have some credit related problems. Our records indicate that Citi accepted a proposal from your consumer credit-counseling service (CCCS) for your account on February 22, 2010.  As the February 2010 billing statement indicated, the past due at that time reflected as $1,061.76. Because the payment program does not eliminate the past due condition, additional payments were necessary to reduce or eliminate the past due.   Your monthly statements have confirmed the amount of past due, which was your indication that larger payments were necessary to eliminate the seriously delinquent status at a faster pace. The level of delinquency that is reported to the credit-reporting agencies is based upon the past due amount.   We can certainly appreciate the circumstances that caused the delinquency of the account, but because your credit profile reflects the manner in which your account was maintained, the account information and payment history reflected on your credit report are correct and will not be changed.  You may place a consumer statement on your credit profile to explain any extenuating circumstances that may have prevented you from remitting payment.

Although we respectfully decline your request to update the payment history of your account on your credit report, I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.   As your account currently reflects a $4.08 credit balance, I sent a refund for your receipt within 5-7 days.

Executive Response Unit

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Brick wall with Citi

Keep trying once a month, its all you can do. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Would you suggest I send it to the same person at the EO?

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@JPeanut503 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Would you suggest I send it to the same person at the EO?

Both

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.