Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bumping up my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping up my score

Hello all! Like many here, I am working hard to rebuild my credit score. I currently have a 5u1 Experian, 552 Transunion. Total credit is $3700, current balance is $3,300. Starting this month I have planned to pay down my carda by about $830/month so my balance should be acceptable by June. I have a couple missed payments on my cards and I've carried a high balance for a couple years but nothing too terrible. Where I feel my score really falls apart is that I have two accounts in collections that I'd love to get off my report. One is with LVNV Funding that I have fought tooth and nail because they can't provide me with any information that the account is mine except for my name and address. I disputed it with Equifax and the account reads as "closed" with a balance but I obviously want it deleted.The other is with Credit Management LP. I sent them a letter requesting PFD and all I got back was a letter from them saying to call them - I haven't yet because I'm not yet prepared to pay for it.

I'm moving this summer so I have to be able to pass a credit check. I also have a couple goals of being able to finance or lease a car by the end of the year (mine is nearing it's last miles) and a mortgage within the next couple years.

Is there anything I should be doing now that I haven't been? I looked at upping my CL with another credit card but decided against it since I will probably only qualify for a secured card and I already have four cards.

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Bumping up my score

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all! Like many here, I am working hard to rebuild my credit score. I currently have a 5u1 Experian, 552 Transunion. Total credit is $3700, current balance is $3,300. Starting this month I have planned to pay down my carda by about $830/month so my balance should be acceptable by June.Your basically at maxed out limit. Theres a ton of lost points. Get them all down below 8.99%. You'll see a nice bump under 28% in the neantime.
I have a couple missed payments on my cards and I've carried a high balance for a couple years but nothing too terrible. How many lates and what type? 30, 60 ,90, 120? Having a high balance for "years". Depending on who the bank is. They may balance chase you down and shut down the account. Who's the high balances with?
Where I feel my score really falls apart is that I have two accounts in collections that I'd love to get off my report. One is with LVNV Funding that I have fought tooth and nail because they can't provide me with any information that the account is mine except for my name and address. One of the worst to get PFD. I disputed it with Equifax and the account reads as "closed" with a balance but I obviously want it deleted.The other is with Credit Management LP. I sent them a letter requesting PFD and all I got back was a letter from them saying to call them - I haven't yet because I'm not yet prepared to pay for it. How much? And how old?

I'm moving this summer so I have to be able to pass a credit check. I also have a couple goals of being able to finance or lease a car by the end of the year (mine is nearing it's last miles) and a mortgage within the next couple years.

Is there anything I should be doing now that I haven't been? I looked at upping my CL with another credit card but decided against it since I will probably only qualify for a secured card and I already have four cards.

Thanks in advance!

No more credit apps till the above is fixed. You'd probably be denied anyway. List your accounts with CL and balances. CA's and amounts owed and we can go from there. Give you some guidance on who to pay first on your way down to back in control.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.