Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bureau reporting difference between lender and consumer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bureau reporting difference between lender and consumer

I applied for a mortgage loan, during the credit refresh the CB there were some updates on a negative account (Ashro) that I am trying to get removed. In case it matters, this creditor doesn't regularly report, and only reported once I became negative.

1. The account is showing accounts active on my end (which the account is active), and closed on the lenders version of the report.

2. The account is showing OK for March on my end, but reporting to the lender as late in March which is inaccurate. On the lenders report their is contradictory info. It says that my payment was in Feb, but still shows late for March, shows my payment and my $0 balance in the March box. 

I need to know the appropriate letter to send to have this item removed. The mortgage lender is charging me extra now because this dropped my score and having it removed all together would be ideal so I can refresh my score before closing to get my closing costs back down. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Bureau reporting difference between lender and consumer

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a mortgage loan, during the credit refresh the CB there were some updates on a negative account (Ashro) that I am trying to get removed. In case it matters, this creditor doesn't regularly report, and only reported once I became negative.

1. The account is showing accounts active on my end (which the account is active), and closed on the lenders version of the report.

2. The account is showing OK for March on my end, but reporting to the lender as late in March which is inaccurate. On the lenders report their is contradictory info. It says that my payment was in Feb, but still shows late for March, shows my payment and my $0 balance in the March box. 

I need to know the appropriate letter to send to have this item removed. The mortgage lender is charging me extra now because this dropped my score and having it removed all together would be ideal so I can refresh my score before closing to get my closing costs back down. 

What are you using to see the account on your end? Have you pulled your reports from ACR or are you relying on a CMS front end software? 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the dispute center on all 3 CB to ensure that I was looking at real time data as if I were disputing the account to verify what it showed me in comparison to the copy of the report the lender gave me.

Message 3 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The lender report most likely the trade line (Ashro) is merged/ blended trade line with the bureau(s) reporting the trade line. You need to find out which bureau(s) is reporting the late payment.  Ask the lender which credit reporting agency the lender got the credit report from. Some if not all have a way you ask them about that trade line.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I was able to figure out which agency was reporting the error.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.