Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying first home!

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Buying first home!

I went from 554 to 704! (EX,EQ and TU)in 11 months,  thankyou guys!.. Would you believe I started with 27 negative items? and have only paid 5. 

Mostly  Medical, 3 CCrds and 3 judgements and a library debt of $255 lol (last item) 

I have 2 items left.. Grant and weber, which I paid and will delete at  the end of this month and the last one, boy did I get lucky, actually will fall off at the end of December.. Unique national collections, unless someone has some secret number to contact someone to get deleted before December..

Anyway, because of this major boost, I am buying my 1 st home, only a 2 bedroom ..but where I live I can save appx $400 a month and I need that  (I do not make much on disability. ) 

Anyway,wanted to thank all that helped, this website has been invaluable. Thanks n12e and ROBERTeg and everyone else! 

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Buying first home!

@Lasardo wrote:

I went from 554 to 704! (EX,EQ and TU)in 11 months,  thankyou guys!.. Would you believe I started with 27 negative items? and have only paid 5. 

Mostly  Medical, 3 CCrds and 3 judgements and a library debt of $255 lol (last item) 

I have 2 items left.. Grant and weber, which I paid and will delete at  the end of this month and the last one, boy did I get lucky, actually will fall off at the end of December.. Unique national collections, unless someone has some secret number to contact someone to get deleted before December..

Anyway, because of this major boost, I am buying my 1 st home, only a 2 bedroom ..but where I live I can save appx $400 a month and I need that  (I do not make much on disability. ) 

Anyway,wanted to thank all that helped, this website has been invaluable. Thanks n12e and ROBERTeg and everyone else! 

Thats pretty awesome!! Congrats on your journey but now the fun really begins...

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conrats!! once i get over 680 i will be looking into being a first time home owner!

here in the bay area 1 bedroom apartments are at LEAST $500 higher than a mortgage on a 1 or 2 bedroom condo!

Good luck and congrats on the success! Hop to meet you in the 700's soon enough!

Message 3 of 21
mompreneur1
New Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:

25 negatives wiped away in 11months ? You're on a roll! Congrats ! :Smiley Very Happy 

I am also dealing with Grant & Weber and am curious about your approach? Did you PFD? Try HIPAA? Please share the wealth! I need this one gone ASAP!Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 21
sphinx313
Established Contributor

That is very impressive and I am envious. Hope to see you in the 700 club as soon as humanly possible.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:

Feels good don't it?!?! haha

Congrats! You will soon be helping people on this forum, from your couch in your awesome new house! Smiley Happy

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 21
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats sir. Rockin'!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 21
User273165
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the credit repair, now it's time to move over to the mortgage forums Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 21
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Mom...-

Grant and Weber has been the toughest one yet. ..they would not budge on Hippaa process and my collection rep stated that if you can do a PFD but then they would not delete  BUT I spoke to a supervisor who when  I wanted to go over every little payment I made and how it did not add up he got frustrated  with me (ha ha) and did  a PFD and they dropped off (2 so far, waiting for last one and counting ..5 days) 

If you need a contact, let me know..

Message 9 of 21
Lasardo
Established Contributor

One Little helpful tip: max those cards and then PIF each month! I think that is what has boosted my scores the most..even let it cycle, this goes against the 1-9% utilization, I know, but all I  had were 2 secured cards, $300 limit and $500 limit...it lets the credit score fluctuate from maxed to not and gives you the most out of it..

I even opened a 1st premier and a  Merrick ( who will double my credit line each 6 month period) would you believe I have 11 inquires but I have gotten 5 off (those are hard to get off) 

Now I get offers  for Amex and Citibank 18 month no int and 9% after that.. I want to Aply but need to keep inquiry's down while applying for a mortgage. 

Additionally, I paid down my car and I am really worried about what happens when that account closes, bad move. It is paid in February and that is my oldest account (2008) other than that I only go back 11 months. ANy ideas ? 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.