Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye T-mobile/Midland!!! - Special Thanks to MrOUOKC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bye Bye T-mobile/Midland!!! - Special Thanks to MrOUOKC

Soooooo after roving the forums and reaching out to members , the advice was given to me to confirm I was indeed a victim of T-Mobile's cramming charges

and to combat Midland with CFPB complaint. 

Went to T-mobile's site....verified I indeed was a victim

Collected my verfication letter and proceeded to the CFPB site to file the complaint, with this as an attachment.  - 3/18/2015

This morning I get a response - 

you express a concern that the debt is inaccurate due to cramming charges added by T-Mobile and request that the above-referenced account be removed from your consumer credit files. On September 22, 2012, Midland Credit mailed you a validation letter, which informed you that Midland Funding had acquired the account, and informed you of your rights pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1692 et seq. ("FDCPA"). The letter was not returned as "undeliverable" by the United States Postal Service, satisfying the notification requirements of the FDCPA. 15 U.S.C. § 1692. Midland Credit's business records indicate that it did not receive any correspondence disputing the debt or requesting validation from you in response to the letter. In fact, no correspondence was received directly from you prior to your complaint, which cannot be considered timely. The FDCPA specifically states that, unless a consumer provides a debt collector with notice of such a dispute within 30 days of receiving the initial validation letter, "the debt will be assumed to be valid by the debt collector." 15 U.S.C. § 1692g(a)(3). Because Midland Credit did not receive such a notice at the time, Midland Credit appropriately proceeded with efforts to contact you and collect the debt. Midland Credit acted in a timely manner and has complied with all applicable laws. However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit has made the business decision to close the account. There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting or sale of this account. In addition, the three credit-reporting agencies will be notified to delete all reference to the account in question from your consumer credit files. Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information.

Wooooo hoooo!!!! Thank you myFICO members!! 

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye T-mobile/Midland!!! - Special Thanks to MrOUOKC

Congrats!! How did you verify you were a victim? I have not heard much about this but I did have a T-Mobile account for years.

Message 2 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome! Also Caedus check your pm.

Message 3 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, looks like you got the info you needed as well :-)

Message 4 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!

Message 5 of 68
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find a link to verify if my number was involved in cramming charges.  I haven't had t-mobile in about 4 years, but do have a collection account.  Anybody have info on a link?

Message 7 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

dbenzy...check your PM

Message 8 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you New_Beginning!!! 

Message 9 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's wonderful for you, congratulations! 

How did you 'verify' that your account was charged for 'cramming'? I have a T-Mobile acct in CA from a few years ago and would love to see if I am included. It's with RPM, not  Midland, though. Not sure if that matters?

Again, good for you!

Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.