Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Indigo MC, and thank you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bye Indigo MC, and thank you

Indigo was my second card after BK7 (first was Discover IT Secured). Anniversary date in August, so I called today and canceled. They had no counter offer for the $99 AF, $300 SL. So I just cut it up and have a letter I am sending out to just confirm this.

When I rechecked the APR, it was 24.99%, which ain't great, but it's actually better than a couple of the other cards I have. 

If you're interested in an unsecured starter card, this is the one that can help you. I willingly paid the $99 AF a year ago, but then have learned since that there are better cards. In any case, Buh-to-the-Bye Indigo, it was...expensive but helpful.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Bye Indigo MC, and thank you

Congratulations on your closure! Good luck on your credit journey.
Message 2 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous

Congrats on your progress and moving on to bigger and better cards.  Just be sure to continue to monitor acct. for a loooooong time to make sure they don't slip an AF or any other weird fee on you anyway. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Always good to clear out things that can no longer be useful to you.

Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Did you ask them for AF reduction or waiver. My card AF is not due until September. When I called few weeks ago they said they might give AF reduced asked me to call them in September. If they give reduced AF, I might keep it for another year. If not let it go in September. I have no complaints. When I could not even get a secured card, indigo came through with their unsecured. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Did you ask them for AF reduction or waiver. My card AF is not due until September. When I called few weeks ago they said they might give AF reduced asked me to call them in September. If they give reduced AF, I might keep it for another year. If not let it go in September. I have no complaints. When I could not even get a secured card, indigo came through with their unsecured. 

No, they did not offer, which surprised me. Though I did not ask, i did say that I was canceling the card due to its $99 AF, and thought that'd be the prompt to make such an offer to me. But the CSR was unmoved, even asking me if I'd reconsider it as an emergency card. I have other non-AF cards, and the disappearance of this low limit card won't affect my CR utilization that much. My next calls will be to Blaze, Mission Lane, and Merrick Bank in the near future, cards that do grow, and are growing, and have higher limits. Those seem like they might be more worth my time. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same with Milestone. $300 limit, $75 fee. I called to see about a reduction because it the annual fee is due to hit next week and they said nope. I said please close the account. Thanks.

Congrats.

Message 7 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did the same with Milestone. $300 limit, $75 fee. I called to see about a reduction because it the annual fee is due to hit next week and they said nope. I said please close the account. Thanks.

Congrats.

Some times paying AF is not bad if the Card is going to grow and accommodate the needs. But looks like some of these cards do not budge with large AF. I like Blaze / FSCC. They charge AF first year and after that every year we can call and they waive the AF. Every 6 months they give CLI. One of the posters Blaze card reached $5,000 CL. I have to see what Indigo will say when the renewal comes in September, Last I talked to Indigo CSR said they might give reduction in AF. We will see.

Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice. Congrats on moving closer out of the secured arena.

Message 9 of 10
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Congrats on your progress. Can't wait to see what you do next!

>
Goal Cards:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.