Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByeBye LVNV!!!

tag
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

ByeBye LVNV!!!

Thank you to everyone on this board who has contributed thier stories. Because of it, I was able to get LVNV to remove thier reporting from my reports. For those fighting this company I submitted a BBB complaint with regards to them listed as open, factoring, and increasing my balance each month by 4 dollars. This is my first successful fight, so I am pretty excited right now. Hopefully they wont just sell it off to someone else - even so it reaches CRTP in a few months.

I received my results today:

Dear BBB employee name:

This letter is in response to XXX complaint dated March 5, 2013. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending XXXX. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.

After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account. Additionally, XXX  should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxxxx     Reference No.           Original Creditor: HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department                                     

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES 140
guiness56
Epic Contributor
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Re: ByeBye LVNV!!!

Congrats Smiley Very Happy

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 3 of 141
JustJen
Regular Contributor

What did you say in your complaint to BBB? I have an account on them that I've done certified mailed DV letters, and they never respond to my current address after I've explicitly placed in on there and asked to direct communications with me via mail at current address...they always send something to my old address that I haven't resided at since high school. I only happen to see it when I go home for like the holidays or something. It's scheduled to drop off this year when I initiated a dispute online with Experian last year sometime...it's no longer saying when it's scheduled to drop off so has me a little nervous so I'm thinking about giving it another go as next year I want to start looking into purchasing a home.

Obviously what I did previously didn't help as it's still reporting so I would welcome any suggestions/advice on other tactics. I just initiated another online dispute (which I probably shouldn't have done until I got a game plan together), should I DV again?

I reside in Tx so they are legally required to respond...if they never responded to my correct address is that reason enough to go to BBB?

Message 4 of 141
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 141
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

@JustJen wrote:

What did you say in your complaint to BBB? I have an account on them that I've done certified mailed DV letters, and they never respond to my current address after I've explicitly placed in on there and asked to direct communications with me via mail at current address...they always send something to my old address that I haven't resided at since high school. I only happen to see it when I go home for like the holidays or something. It's scheduled to drop off this year when I initiated a dispute online with Experian last year sometime...it's no longer saying when it's scheduled to drop off so has me a little nervous so I'm thinking about giving it another go as next year I want to start looking into purchasing a home.

Obviously what I did previously didn't help as it's still reporting so I would welcome any suggestions/advice on other tactics. I just initiated another online dispute (which I probably shouldn't have done until I got a game plan together), should I DV again?

I reside in Tx so they are legally required to respond...if they never responded to my correct address is that reason enough to go to BBB?

@JustJen - I sent you a PM!

Message 6 of 141
nmjacobs
Contributor

I would also like to know what you said in the letter. I have an account with them (originally from HSBC) that went to judgement and they are refusing to budge on the settlement amount. It says right on my credit report that they are a "factory company". Does anyone know what would happen with the judgement if the complaint to BBB works out?

Message 7 of 141
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 141
TSB71
Established Member

Congratulations!  I have two items on my report from them.  I haven't had any luck getting responses to my letters either.  About a week and a half ago, I sent a certified letter to them and copied the CRA's, BBB, FTC, and the Attorney General for my state.  I am awaiting a response.  One is a zero balance and the  other has a balance but I cannot tell what it is.  I didn't complain about how it was listed this go round.  Just the fact that my first knowledge of those listings was my credit report and they have not responded to my DV's.  I eluded to the fact that it was inaccurate information (saying I opened accounts in 2009 & 2011 with them.  I can't wait to see if I have luck or not.  If not, I guess I will take your approach on the factoring deal.  What exactly did you say to the BBB in that regard?  You have given me hope!!

Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 141
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

PMs sent Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.