Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByeBye LVNV!!!

tag
happy99
Established Member

Re: ByeBye LVNV!!!

I know you have had so many requests for the bbb letter against lvnv but if you could add me to tge long list ivwould rwally appreciate it. If I don't get this deleted I may lose my escrow.  These scum suckers saw my lender credit pulls and put 2 collections on my reports.

I am on my tablet...Please do not judge me by my typos Smiley Wink
Message 101 of 141
fireguy01

hu. I have the same issue right now with LVNV ....they keep adding 4 dollars to my account each month. For one month, they came off my report, then bam....they are right back at it now. Im gonna have to file a BBB complaint now. Wish me luck!

11/2013
TU FICO:610 Ex FICO:630 EQ: FICO 612
CK FAKO: 591 CS FAKO: 629
CapOne Plat 300 Target store 300 Kohls 300 Walmart 600 Amazon Visa 500 Victoria Secret 250 Barclays NFL 500 Kays 1000 J.B Robinson 1000 Speedway Rewards store 400
Message 102 of 141
sparta

Wonderful thing you are doing to help people with a second chance at credit. Three cheers to you....I to would like to receive a copy of your letter as well. I did a BBB on these guys about a week ago and I just wanted to see if I'm in the ball park of everyone else....Thank you so very much...

Message 103 of 141
Jmelee1221

Can you PM me as well. I have a account listed with them from back in 2011 for an account that no longer is listed on my credit report. Can they even do that? if the OC is off the credit report, can they still linger?  Also they keep adding $3 a month to my balance. 

HELP!! 

Starting Score: 530
Current Score: 638
Goal Score by 6/2014: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 104 of 141
mrklittle86

Hi. My fiance and I both have this company reporting on our report. We had tried to contact them with no response. We would love to get them deleted, do you have any suggestions? Could you PM me the information you placed in your letter also? They are continuously adding to my balance monthly and we are trying to rebuild our credit to buy a home. Thanks in advance!

Message 105 of 141
Mia_Moore

I would like to get that information please I need to get the process started thanks

Message 106 of 141
Chef_Dee

I can't shake these vultures.  They're latching onto me l...

I can't shake these vultures.  They're latching onto me like piranha's!

Message 107 of 141
Chef_Dee

I can't shake these vultures.  They're latching onto me like piranha's!  I sent this complaint via the BBB web site in Upstate Carolina:

"I hereby lodge a formal complaint against Resurgent/LVNV Funding LLC. This debt collector placed marks on all three of my credit reports (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) without proper notification, as I received no dunning notification per required by the FDCPA legislation. Credit reporting is considered collection activity. This company has an F with the Better Business Bureau, and has effectively destroyed my chances of getting a mortgage OR a used auto loan, as they have also incorrectly listed these accounts as open Installment loans on all three credit reports instead of a collection account. Additionally, they have listed this item as a Factoring Lender when, per FCRA guidelines, collection companies are not. I am requesting your office look into these allegations and help me procure a deletion from all three credit reporting agencies until this company can successfully validate my debt as they are mandated by law to do. I am considering legal action against Resurgent/LVNV; however, I felt compelled to urge your office to help me in my crusade to remove LVNV Funding and reestablish my name and credit. I am not sure if this debt is mine or not; however, their inability to provide correct addresses, and their intentional act of misleading their reporting should be enough to sue them, and should be enough for your office to force their compliance in this issue. I hope you can help me out in this matter, as this one account has completely derailed my chances of repairing my credit rating. Thank you very much for your time!"

To which Resurgent replied:

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

January 2, 2014

Linda J. Bentley
Better Business Bureau of Upstate South Carolina
408 N. Church St. Suite C
Greenville, SC 29601-2164

RE:      ChefDee; Case/File No.  xxxxxxx
Original Creditor:  Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.
Current Owner:  LVNV Funding, LLC
Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reference Number:  xxxxxxxxxxxx
Current Balance:  $550.59

Dear Ms. Bentley:

Please note that Resurgent takes its customer service and consumer protection obligations very seriously and has significant staff dedicated to its compliance related functions in order to identify, resolve and permanently correct operational deficiencies or improve upon customer concerns.  We respectfully disagree with ChefDee's statements regarding our company’s practices. Furthermore, we have an A+ rating with the Upstate South Carolina Better Business Bureau.

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated December 21, 2013 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding, LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns the account number ending in XXXX. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of the account owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. on or about November 11, 2009. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $550.59.  Please review the following account information:

This account originated on October 26, 2000 with Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.  and was opened with Sears.
    The last payment in the amount of $160.00 was received on March 25, 2009.
    This account charged off on November 6, 2009 with a balance of $426.85.
    No payments have been received on this account since Resurgent started servicing it in November 2009.

Additionally, verification of debt was mailed to the address on file on October 22, 2012 in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) (copy enclosed).

The consumer reporting agencies reporting guidelines have defined a “factoring company” as a company or individual who purchases accounts with the intent of collecting debts owed.  Therefore, the term is accurate in this situation and the account is reported correctly.

The credit bureaus use the term “installment account” to describe a revolving line of credit.  Resurgent does not provide this comment to the bureaus, they add it to the account record, and therefore, we cannot alter it.

If, after review of the above referenced information, ChefDee believes this account is fraudulent, we ask that he provide a completed police/incident report regarding the fraud, or a notarized fraud or identity theft affidavit in order to help us resolve this matter.  Blank forms are available at the FTC’s website: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0094-identity-theft-affidavit.pdf.

If this account was paid or settled in full; then, the settlement offer, cancelled check(s), and/or confirmation of payment in full would help us resolve this complaint.

In addition, if ChefDee has any correspondence to/from Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. or Sears concerning his dispute, it may help with our investigation, so please have him forward it to:

Compliance Department    or     Fax:  866-467-0918
MS 250
P.O. Box 10497                      
Greenville, SC 29603

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

B. Richardson
Compliance Department                                             
Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Enclosures

So, first of all, THEY NEVER SENT SUCH VALIDATION LETTER TO ME IN 2012, OR EVER!!

Second, what "validation" they claim to have sent (on Resurgent's letterhead)--to an address I haven't lived at since 2008-- only stated the following (attached to BBB response):

Dear ChefDee:

This account has been placed with Resurgent Capital Services L.P.
Please find the enclosed verification of debt.
If you have any further questions, please contact one of our customer service representatives toll-free at 1-866-464-1187.

For your convenience, you may submit your payment online at www.respay.com
You may also send your payment to the address listed below:

PO Box 10466
Greenville, SC 29603

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

which also included this:

Validation of Debt
October 22, 2012                                                       

Chef Dee

LVNV Funding LLC currently owns account number XXXXXXXXXX.  This account was originated by Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. and recently acquired from Citibank, N.A.  At that time, the balance was $426.85.  As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $514.83.  Because intereste, payments, credits, fees, and/or other permissible charges can continue to cause the account balance to vary from day to day, you should contact us at 1-866-464-1187 to determine the exact balance.

This was from an internet-based BBB complaint; I have yet to hear from them regarding the DV letter I sent them on 12/16/13, CMRRR.

If they fail to respond within 30 days of the CMRRR, can they "rest their case" on the BBB response above?  I keep hearing they don't have to validate anything, but their version of "validation" was simply a VERIFICATION, and with none of the requested documentation (signature, SS#, etc.) to verify THAT information.  Do I have a chance in Hell of ever shaking these leeches?  Should I cave in and offer PFD?  I've seen others beat them, and I want in on that team!  Thanks...

Message 108 of 141
Chef_Dee

Also, not on a GRAND scale or anything, but upon review of their South Carolina BBB page, they actually have a B+, not A+ as they indicated....Smiley Frustrated

Message 109 of 141
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Can I get a copy of that letter to Smiley Happy.

Also, anyone know what I can do about the debt I have listed with LVNV?  I disputed the TL on all 3 reports and per EQ results this is what was stated:

We have researched the credit account. Account # - 543668101069* The results are: The dates on this account have been updated. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Lvnv Funding LLC, PO Box 10497, Ste 110, MS 576,
Greenville, SC 29603-0497 Phone: (866) 464-1183

Per Experians conclusion: Everything basically stayed on and the same except this comment was added - Your Statement: Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act).

Don't know what TU says as it is still in progress but I assume that it will be something similar to the others. 

Now the issue/question is what to do, because I check my mail today 1/6/2014 and I have a letter from Convergent that states they are offering me a settlement amount for an account they got from LVNV.  I am utterly confused.

If you want more information to be able to give advice please let me know Smiley Tongue

Message 110 of 141
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.