Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Reported Totally False Info & Won't Validate

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

CA Reported Totally False Info & Won't Validate

I sent my 1st DV to Genesis Financial Solutions on 5/24...They responded by indicating that they would cease all collection activity since they realized that I filed BK, however they never validated the debt.  So, I mailed a 2nd DV on 6/11.

I thought this meant that they would not report any longer since reporting to the CRAs is considered a collection activity.  Not so...they were deleted from TU, but updated on EQ stating that the account was included in BK.  WRONG.  they were not included in the BK because I don't owe them nor the OC. 

So, to date, if I'm correct, I've got them on several violations:  reporting inaccurate & false info to the FCRA, continuing collection activity despite never validating the debt, failing to validate debt.  Am I correct on these violations?  Do they have more violations?

My next steps to get rid of this CA are:

a)  Submit a 3rd DV request outlining the current violations with stronger language to validate or delete.
b)  Submit a re-investigation request along with a stronger MOV to EQ indicating incorrect information provided by data furnisher after I receive the GC from CA.

Or, should I simply stick with the MOV to EQ and hope they delete?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.