cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Response to a phone call I made, deleting from report??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA Response to a phone call I made, deleting from report??

So I called and spoke with Performance Capitol Management about a charged off account from GEMB/Walmart back in early 2004. Walmart still shows the account as still having a balance of $234 which was payed to the collection company in 2004. This is the letter sent to me from Performance Capitol Management:

"To whom is may Concern:

Pursuant to the terms of our settlement agreement on the above referenced account Performance Capitol Management, INC., hereby releases you from all claims and liabilities regarding the above referenced account. Our reporting on your personal credit history will be amended accordingly in the event that we are reporting. "

Signed by the collection manager.It also shows that there is a $0 balance on the account. So I would need to send copies of this letter to all three CRA to get it removed and GEMB/Walmartto get the balance corrected on the account right??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: CA Response to a phone call I made, deleting from report??

To me.."ammended accordingly" sounds like they will post that it is paid.  Doesn't necessarily sound like a removal  Sounds like double-talk. 

What were the terms of your settlement agreement?  Got it in writing???

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA Response to a phone call I made, deleting from report??

Unfortunately this was payed off years ago before I knew what a pay for delete what. I was 20 years old in 04 so I didn't really know how some financial things worked. So this is the only thing I have dealing with these accounts.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.