Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA collecting 4 a CA???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA collecting 4 a CA???

Hi all,

got 2 TL on my TU.  one CA (BMSI Cred. Serv) tring to collect for a second CA (Cred Serv Co)
Cred Serv Co listed as the OC.  Any one have this happen too?  DV'ing BMSI, thinking maybe Company name change?  Any suggestions.

EX 616
EQ 540
TU 577
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA collecting 4 a CA???

montanajellyman wrote:
Hi all,

got 2 TL on my TU.  one CA (BMSI Cred. Serv) tring to collect for a second CA (Cred Serv Co)
Cred Serv Co listed as the OC.  Any one have this happen too?  DV'ing BMSI, thinking maybe Company name change?  Any suggestions.

EX 616
EQ 540
TU 577

I would DV them both.

A CA can hire another to collect, but both can not report. Also, a CA can not misrepresent a debt and by stating that the 1st CA is the OC, this is misrepresenting the debt, IMO.

A CA can not be an OC.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sidewinder, thats the plan. Was wondering how they got to be the CO. Seeings how I
never done any buisness with them  LOL
Message 3 of 4
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

This happened with me. I have Portfolio Recovery on my report listing CACH LLC as the OC. However, CACH LLC is no longer reporting (they were removed several months ago). I sent a DV to Portfolio Recovery, and once the 35 days go by I'll start disputing with the CRA so that the information is accurate. Not only is a CA listed as the OC, but they re-aged it by a year.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.