Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA ignoring me after PFD

tag
rkb84
Contributor

CA ignoring me after PFD

Anyone else have this happen to them? They use to call about it, when I started with the PFD letters they just went away. I have been mailing them every week, and emailing them to the contacts from their site (msservices.net) daily for about a month. I feel like i'm the collection agency right now, maybe they said screw this guy and sold the debt. I would even be willing at this point to just pay it partial and have it settled but they are playing dead. Any advice on what to do, I could call them but everyone says to stay off the phone with these places.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD

@rkb84 wrote:

Anyone else have this happen to them? They use to call about it, when I started with the PFD letters they just went away. I have been mailing them every week, and emailing them to the contacts from their site (msservices.net) daily for about a month. I feel like i'm the collection agency right now, maybe they said screw this guy and sold the debt. I would even be willing at this point to just pay it partial and have it settled but they are playing dead. Any advice on what to do, I could call them but everyone says to stay off the phone with these places.

What CA?

And what did your letter say? Did you place anything in there about 'please only contact in writing' or something like that?

Many time, when you put that in the letter, they will treat that as a complete cease and desist and will not work with you

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

Mountain State Adjustment or MS Services LLC, I can't find anything about them on the web. And yes I used a good letter found on this site:

MS Services LLC
123 W 1st St Suite 430
Casper, WY 82601

Date: October 2nd, 2012

Re: Account Number #xxxxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your [letter / call / credit report entry] on September 28, 2012
 related to the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt. Nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information
furnisher.

I am willing to pay [this debt in full / $xxx.xx as settlement for this debt] in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $xxx.xx payable to MS SERVICES LLC in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from
all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of MS SERVICES LLC. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

As granted by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer and request full
verification of this debt. Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

(My info).

Message 3 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@rkb84 wrote:

Mountain State Adjustment or MS Services LLC, I can't find anything about them on the web. And yes I used a good letter found on this site:

MS Services LLC
123 W 1st St Suite 430
Casper, WY 82601

Date: October 2nd, 2012

Re: Account Number #xxxxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your [letter / call / credit report entry] on September 28, 2012
 related to the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt. Nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information
furnisher.

I am willing to pay [this debt in full / $xxx.xx as settlement for this debt] in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $xxx.xx payable to MS SERVICES LLC in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from
all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of MS SERVICES LLC. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

As granted by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer and request full
verification of this debt. Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

(My info).

I think that letter had too many demands..

1. Depending on their contract with the CRAs, they might not be able to comply with your demand to have it removed in 10 days. They may only report one a month, or something along those lines.

2. Its possible that 15 days isnt enough time for them to agree to the offer.

3. A PFD is essentially a GW.. you are exchanging payment for GW.. many CAs dont like putting it down on paper as a 'contract' because PFD is frowned upon by the CRAs, and really, what can you do with a signed letter indicating removal? You can't send it to the CRA. I suppose you could sue? I don't know

I would personally send something less formal, then when they agree to it, IF they agree to it, start negotiating how and when it will come off..

-scott

Message 4 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1.   A PFD is a type of GW.   Keep it short and polite.  Don't tack on a bunch of stipulations.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

Well then I might have screwed that up already, I will try something  like you said. Maybe I will call the OC and see if they can pull it back in to settle.

Message 6 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@rkb84 wrote:

Well then I might have screwed that up already, I will try something  like you said. Maybe I will call the OC and see if they can pull it back in to settle.

This is always a good thing to try as well

And you can never screw it up.. they just want money... so if one way didn't work, try another Smiley Happy

-scott

Message 7 of 18
Jutz
Valued Contributor

CRAP.

I kept my most recent one polite and GW-ish except for the instructions.  Every example I had seen has those specific types for instructions and timeline.  Hopefully I didn't put anyone off that might have normally agreed.  Welp.  We'll see.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 8 of 18
diabla
Regular Contributor

That's basically the same letter I used for my PFD offers, and I have not heard back either but its only been a week.  If I don't hear back within another 7 days then I guess I can also consider the letter a turn-off.

Is it wise to send another letter offer?  With different words and less stipulations?

Message 9 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

Got some good news, finally just contacted the original creditor (Cspire Wireless) and the lady said if I paid it would be taken off my credit reports and I would never have to worry about it again. Hopefully she is being honest becasue I am going to call tomoroow after I get paid and pay off what I owe.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.