Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA is local

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA is local

Is it a good idea to try get a PFD right at thecollection agency?im about 35 minutes drive away. The collection is for $136 and it's my only collection on my report.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA is local

Do you consider yourself a good negotiator?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't know what today other than hey I'm willing to pay this debt in return for a delete. If not just turn around walk away
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my personal experience, small, local collectors are easier to get a PFD.  I'm 2 for 2 with them.  The big guys, no so much.  I'd give them a call and feel it out, and even then cash talks!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called once and it sounded like they would but I wanted a letter before payment they wanted me to pay right then. No letter no pay.
Message 5 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I guess it could work because it is face to face, which makes it more personal.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should call ahead and check if the CA has a lobby first. I have friends who work in that industry and all of their buildings do not have any public access whatsoever. They also get threatened with violence and told to self-harm, so it makes sense that they don't grant access to outsiders...

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea that could be true lol saved me a trip. I would like to get this off it only reports to TU and it's so low.
Message 8 of 9
message_from_god
New Contributor

I feel like, if you come off even just normal (not necessarily charismatic or a good negotiator), it's easier for ppl to be nice to you if they view you as a living human and in person is a good idea.  Only if you know people don't respond well to you in person would I think you'd get a better result if you just wrote or called.  Or if you think they might be discriminatory in some way toward you.  Hope you get it done - it'd be great having a clean report!

Progress FICO8 since summer 2015 Eq 763 (+171) TU 798 (+189) Ex 761 (+259)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.