Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting settled acct

tag
Querida
Established Member

CA reporting settled acct

GC Services offered settlement on ATT account which I accepted and paid in 2005. DOFD was Jan 2003.  In May 2006, I received a letter from another CA stating they had purchased the account from ATT. I sent them a copy of the check showing pymt to the original CA and also sent a dispute with a copy of the check to all CRA. I also got a letter from ATT stating the the payment received in 2005 cleared my account in full and that I had no outstanding balances with the OC. It is still on my file and TU has added a remark "DISPUTE RESLVD-CUSTOMER DISAGREES." Doesn't the verification from the OC override the second CA's attempt to collect on this settled debt? Are there any options?

Message Edited by Querida on 04-16-2009 09:08 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA reporting settled acct

If I understand correctly, the 2nd CA is reporting as well?

I would file a complaint with the BBB stating that they should not be reporting as there was no account for them to collect on, the account they received was an error and confirmed by the OC.

Message 2 of 4
Querida
Established Member

CRA has now updated my files and now shows zero balance but did not remove the collection item.  It also shows that the payment was made in Mar 2009 but settlement was made with the original CA in Feb 2005 and ATT acknowledges that as the date account was paid. Should I contact the 2nd CA and request deletion or should I dispute it again with the CRAs.

This is a cell phone account. What is the SOL for cell phones in Texas?

Thanks so much for the coaching. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cell phone SOL is 2 years under Federal Law, but SOL isn't a factor here since you've already paid.

I would file a complaint with the BBB against the CA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.