Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting wrong date

tag
keenseen

CA reporting wrong date

Hi all,

New to the forums, was hoping to get some advice on a collection. Took out a clothing account credit card back in early 2007, and account went delinquent shortly after. It was sold to Asset Acceptance shortly thereafter, and I haven't been in contact with them since. It is approaching the time in which it should be dropping off however Asset Acceptance is reporting that they were hired January 2010. What is my course of action from here? State is Illinois if that helps. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA reporting wrong date

@keenseen wrote:

Hi all,

New to the forums, was hoping to get some advice on a collection. Took out a clothing account credit card back in early 2007, and account went delinquent shortly after. It was sold to Asset Acceptance shortly thereafter, and I haven't been in contact with them since. It is approaching the time in which it should be dropping off however Asset Acceptance is reporting that they were hired January 2010. What is my course of action from here? State is Illinois if that helps. Thank you!

The CA has to operate from the DOFD of the OC, they can report they opened in 2010 but they have to delete same time the OC does, the time is 7.5 yrs from DOFD.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA reporting wrong date

The debt collector must, within 90 days after reporting of their collection, report the DOFD on the OC account to the CRA.

That ends their involvement iin an subsequent exclusion of their reporing from your credit report.

It is then the responsibility of the CRA to montoir time from DOFD and exclude no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

Debt collectors dont report deletion of their reporting based on credit report exclusion periods.

Just make sure that the DOFD that they reported is accurate according to your records.  Exclusion is then in the hands of the CRA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.