cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA says debt is being serviced by another company. Can they legitimately be on my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA says debt is being serviced by another company. Can they legitimately be on my credit report?

There's a collections account on my credit report listed under "The Bureaus" collection agency. I emailed them to ask for a verification. They said they will send one to me in the mail, but stated in the email that the debt is being serviced by a different CA. I guess I have to wait for the verification for details, but are they legitimately allowed be on my report if the debt holder allows them to collect on their behalf?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CA says debt is being serviced by another company. Can they legitimately be on my credit report?

Yes, both the owner of the debt and anyone they allow to collect on their behalf (aka collection authority) can report.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA says debt is being serviced by another company. Can they legitimately be on my credit report?

In this case OP a JDB (junk debt buyer) is the apparent owner of the debt and they have hired a collector to collect for them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.