cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA wants me to send them proof of payment after 7 DV letters to them!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA wants me to send them proof of payment after 7 DV letters to them!!

I had a CO (SST)to show up on my credit in 2006. I have been disputing with credit bureaus for several years and the same info come back. Finally I spoke with the CEO and stated that I wanted him to step in because there have been several attemps to dispute this account, and was in the process of taking this matter a step furthere.Now this lady from SST complaince dept had the nerve to ask me to send the proof that I had. I advised her about the certified letters as well as the disputes, and she stated they have only recieved 2 disputes from the credit bureau??

2 QUESTIONS
1. Is the credit bureau's really disputing or just sending those letters?
2. If I have to send my proof that means they don't have anything to say its valid.

What letter should I send to here??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA wants me to send them proof of payment after 7 DV letters to them!!

I have no idea who SST is....If they are a CA.....you would send a DV letter  CMRRR

If they do not answer Then you dispute with the CRAs  with the ( CA didn't answer DV) letter ALONG with   copy of the DV  copy of the CERT paper and GC!!!

When you file a dispute with the CRAs  their PC talks to the CAs PC....if this account is in their data base it usually comes back verified.

This is why it is  better to DV before disputing.

NEVER send a CA any info........it is up to them to send you proof that it is your debt.

Did you send a DV  CMRRR??     Who is the OC?    who did you pay?  what is the DOFD/DOLA from the OC?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

bound4success wrote:
I had a CO (SST)to show up on my credit in 2006. I have been disputing with credit bureaus for several years and the same info come back. Finally I spoke with the CEO and stated that I wanted him to step in because there have been several attemps to dispute this account, and was in the process of taking this matter a step furthere.Now this lady from SST complaince dept had the nerve to ask me to send the proof that I had. I advised her about the certified letters as well as the disputes, and she stated they have only recieved 2 disputes from the credit bureau??

2 QUESTIONS
1. Is the credit bureau's really disputing or just sending those letters?
2. If I have to send my proof that means they don't have anything to say its valid.

What letter should I send to here??

Do you have proof of the certified letters?  There are several ways you can handle this, IMO.
First, the credit bureau's computer contacts their computer and whatever their (CAs) computer says is the verification.  You need to send the CRBs that are reporting MOV.  Send it CMRRR.  That's the next step, with the CRBS.    Actually, I think there may be a letter you can send to the CBR together with copies of your certified mailing receipts demanding removal of the account, since the CA did not respond to your DVs???? 

Additionally, since you have spoken to the CEO and he "referred" you to the "lady" it is your decision whether or not you want to send them proof of the certified mailings.  If you decide to send the proof of the mailings, I would again send it CMRRR and remind them of the law regarding not responding to your previous requests, of which you have enclosed proof of the same. 

These are just my opinions, others here may have a different, more viable approach.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Systems & Services Technologies, INC. is the name of the CA.  They are known for committing violations, here's a link you can check out http://www.ripoffreport.com
do a search of the company, there are so many complaints against them it's unbelievable of all the stuff they have done.  I have been dealing with them since April of this year, when a company I had credit with filed BK, and they took over.  I went to the company and had them pull my payment history, mind you I never was late or missed a payment.  After I made my May payment with the OC, SST had the nerve to send me a notice saying I was late, followed up with phone calls, several a day.  I sent them the a copy of the payment history, along with the May receipt, they told me they received it, but the balance I owed them was 1 payment more than what I originally owed the OC.  The original agreement with the OC had myself being paid off with my last payment in Nov. of this year, SST said I was wrong, and that I owe what they said.  I had to write a letter to them.

July 1, 2008

Shannon I Davis

Account Representative

Systems & Services Technologies, Inc.

P.O. Box 3999

St. Joseph, MO 64503-0990

Dear Ms. Davis

I am requesting at this time that no further automated or person telephone communication be made to myself in regards to my account.  I have made several attempts to have my balance corrected, and to date unsuccessful.  On May 4th of this year I made my payment to Crescent Jewelers in person, and at that time I asked for and received my payment history, and balance with them, I in turn faxed those documents over to your Company, and my balance still has not been corrected.  Under the agreement that I made with Crescent Jewelers, I have never been late or missed a payment.  Your Company has now taken over collecting for Crescent Jewelers since they have filed bankruptcy, and I will continue to keep that agreement.  My current balance is 637.60, which is 4 payments July-October of 131.00 and a final payment for November of 113.60, at which time my agreement with Crescent Jewelers will have been met, and no further payments will be made.

Sincerely,

They called 2 more times after receiving, I in turn filed a complaint with FTC, I also received a nasty letter stating that it was NOT in my best interest to ignore this letter stating that I was late for my July payment, even though my check had posted 7 days prior.  I did some research, and find the number for the corporate office over the weekend, so I called to see if I could pull my balance, and lo and behold it is now correct.  I expect that I will not receive anymore monthly statements from them so they can say I was late.  But, I made copies of the previous statement.  Don't let up on them, fight them until you can not fight no more, and when you fill they have won, fight some more.

Good Luck
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.