Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CACH LLC - How to deal with them?

tag
schrute
Contributor

CACH LLC - How to deal with them?

One of CACH LLC attorney franchisee's has an CA account on me. The SOL in my state is another 1.5 years. The amount is a few thousand. Am I better to pay this with the attorney and get CACH LLC to remove from my CR? Or should I try to dispute it more to get it off? I hear people don't have much success with the latter and I don't want them lurking around for years to come.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CACH LLC - How to deal with them?

If the debt is legitimate, your desire for removal is not itself basis for disputing their reporting.

People often dont have success disputing accurate reporting because their dispute lacks a clear assertion of a specific inaccuracy or lacks any documentation to support any such assertion.

Sending frivolous or general disputes in the hope that a furnisher wont verify the accuracy gets what it gives.

Similarly, many will send DVs in the mistaken belief that they compel debt verification, and if not responded to, require CR deletion.

Message 2 of 9
ah12345
Contributor

sent a DV to cach llc and the attorney with return receipts if is valid get in writing that the amount you pay will be consider payment in full since your within SOL cach llc hires lawyers to do there dirty work and if they find the debt to be profitable they can try and sue you. start with DV letters then go from there

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 3 of 9
schrute
Contributor

You think DV letter is the way to go? The thing is, they tried to sue me but failed for improper service. I moved to another state in 2008. They claim I went deliquent and defaulted on 2009. My thought is to try and settle it off since they can't locate me.

Message 4 of 9
schrute
Contributor

Thoughts on how to proceed?

Message 5 of 9
schrute
Contributor

bumps?

Message 6 of 9
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

They aren't the easiest to get removed like you said.  I've gone the BBB route with Cach, LNVN, and AA.  AA deleted right away, LVNV said no first, then deleted after sent a rebuttall.  Cach replied with thye couldn't find my account, then they found it with a higher balance, updated my credit report with the higher balance.  They basically responded with they don't call or try to collect, for me to contact Northland Group about the matter.  Some people have had luck, just keep disputing, but be careful since you are in SOL.  You said they don't know your location though. 

Message 7 of 9
schrute
Contributor

I see. What do you recommend for dealing with them? Just paying it off?

Message 8 of 9
schrute
Contributor

I'm debating just paying them or DV'ing them. The latter maybe too late (by 3 months).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.