Not applicable

Re: CAN YOU USE TAX ID TO REBUILD

Could you be a little more specific?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder-

I believe OP is referencing a myth I heard about (from my ex's drug-dealing scam-happy friends) where you can basically start over with a blank slate by getting a TIN instead of using your SSN to apply for credit? I think it is only a myth, and if it can be done, is highly illegal I am sure.

Don't know if even by posting this I am violating TOS, delete as needed...

Message 3 of 4
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

I think you referring to a business tax ID such as an EIN number. If so, you are referring to building business credit which of course is completely legal. It is completely different from personal credit in which you have different scoring system especially with D&B (Known as the Paydex score). However, you would need a legitimate business structure, phone and address listed in the directory assistance under the business name and etc.Honestly I do not recommend using business credit as a substitute for personal credit. First reason is D&B does frequent audits on who's legitimate or not They have been aware that many people are not real businesses and have purged the consumers record. Also, even if you were to apply for credit, most financial institutions will look at your personal credit history on top of your business credit. And last, you can always still rebuild your personal credit history no matter what. Whether your in the 400's or 600's, it doesn't matter... it can be rebuilt with persistence and patience.

As well, when you have an EIN # from the IRS, you will then be subjected to file business tax. And from there, I would recommend hiring a good CPA to handle those. But honestly, just rebuild your personal credit. We can definitely help. 

Message Edited by Chopbrocoli on 12-17-2008 11:10 AM
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.