Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE GOODWILL SUCCESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE GOODWILL SUCCESS

As the title says, IT WORKED!!!

I had 3 late payments between my 2 credit cards with Capital One from 2015. I was trying good will letters to CEO email without any success for past few months. Finally, I wrote one last month and receieved a call from executive CSR. CSR asked me about my circumstances at that time and I explained it to him.

He called me a week later, asking the exact dates of my situation back then and to collect some more information. Which I provided. He told me that he feels bad talking about it, but he wants to win this case for me.

Last week I receieved a call from him but I missed it, I called him back but he didn't answer. Today I went to check my credit score and it had went down. Confused as my statement date is 23rd, I wondered why capital one reported it on April 1st. 

Suddenly it hit me, so I went back in and found that my late payments were REMOVED!!!!

It leaves me with only 3 more late payments with BofA. They have been very tough to work with, but I am going to try. 

Thanks to you all, I am making great progress!!! Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE GOODWILL SUCCESS

I’m glad you got this removed. Cap1 has been a tough cookie lately. I’m still trying with them.

BofA is very forgiving just keep trying and you’ll have a clean slate in no time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi could you please PM me the email you used to send your successful request for a goodwill adjustment with Capital One CSR?
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am brand new to the forum as well as goodwill letters (just submitted my first ones last week) before I found this. I would also be very interested in the Capital One address that you had success with if you could possibly PM it to me.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also greatly appreciate you sharing the letter and how you had success with Capital One... I have been trying to have some lates removed through goodwill with them for 6 months now and they always tell me the same thing, no. 

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations...do you mind sending me the email as well. I've been searching the internet for it like crazy...
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind PMing the email address? I can't find it anywhere.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please share the email address. Thank you
Message 8 of 24
nightspd1

Had a lot of good experiences with Cap1, congrats on the removal

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ! Can you PM me who you contacted and had luck with ? THANK YOU !!!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.