Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE SECURED CARD CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE-ITS POSSIBLE FOLKS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE SECURED CARD CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE-ITS POSSIBLE FOLKS

Hello all, 

Want to post this for people who are having a hard day or have question about the Capital One secured card and their credit limit increases. 

I have had my secured card with $200.00 as my limit since September. I made all 5 of my payments on-time paying off the statement balance every time before my payment was due. The charging $4.00 and letting it report as $4.00. Yesterday I woke up to an increase of $300.00 WOW!!! I never would have thought they would give me that much of an increase. I would expect maybe 100$ be 300$. 

There is hope and this is a great card. Tell me your experiences. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE SECURED CARD CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE-ITS POSSIBLE FOLKS

Nice! That’s a good bump! Congrats! Soon you’ll be able to get even better cards. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, 

Want to post this for people who are having a hard day or have question about the Capital One secured card and their credit limit increases. 

I have had my secured card with $200.00 as my limit since September. I made all 5 of my payments on-time paying off the statement balance every time before my payment was due. The charging $4.00 and letting it report as $4.00. Yesterday I woke up to an increase of $300.00 WOW!!! I never would have thought they would give me that much of an increase. I would expect maybe 100$ be 300$. 

There is hope and this is a great card. Tell me your experiences. 

That's standard for secured cap one after 5 months but I would not expect to see any more increases on that card. 

Not a big deal, you're on your way to bigger and better things now. 

My experience was same as yours. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did expect an increase at 5 months cus it says it when you sign up....however, i didn't know it would be that much of an increase. Is that standard? 

Well I hope I'm on my way to better cards for sure....I recently paid off my car and my score took a 52 week dump. However, after looking at my credit report looks like they dinged my credit for a late payment on my last payment. The last payment on my account were for late fee that when I paid would close the loan. I'm trying to get them to update the remark on my credit based on the payment not being for a regular car note but only for late fees. We will see what happens. 

Message 4 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yes, with $200.00 deposit you get increase to $500.00, crickets after that 

Message 5 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your increase!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Give Disco a peek and check their pre-qual next month. Or Cap1 for the Plat, no QS1.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The $300 could be from the deposit you put down. I have a secured card with cap 1 and they keep telling me they can not increase a secure card.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.