cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE SECURED CARD CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE-ITS POSSIBLE FOLKS

Highlighted

CAPITAL ONE SECURED CARD CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE-ITS POSSIBLE FOLKS

Hello all, 

Want to post this for people who are having a hard day or have question about the Capital One secured card and their credit limit increases. 

I have had my secured card with $200.00 as my limit since September. I made all 5 of my payments on-time paying off the statement balance every time before my payment was due. The charging $4.00 and letting it report as $4.00. Yesterday I woke up to an increase of $300.00 WOW!!! I never would have thought they would give me that much of an increase. I would expect maybe 100$ be 300$. 

There is hope and this is a great card. Tell me your experiences. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE SECURED CARD CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE-ITS POSSIBLE FOLKS

Nice! That’s a good bump! Congrats! Soon you’ll be able to get even better cards. 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex ED: 18k
Citi DC: 7.7k
Best Buy Visa: 3k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted

@NewRodeo wrote:

Hello all, 

Want to post this for people who are having a hard day or have question about the Capital One secured card and their credit limit increases. 

I have had my secured card with $200.00 as my limit since September. I made all 5 of my payments on-time paying off the statement balance every time before my payment was due. The charging $4.00 and letting it report as $4.00. Yesterday I woke up to an increase of $300.00 WOW!!! I never would have thought they would give me that much of an increase. I would expect maybe 100$ be 300$. 

There is hope and this is a great card. Tell me your experiences. 

That's standard for secured cap one after 5 months but I would not expect to see any more increases on that card. 

Not a big deal, you're on your way to bigger and better things now. 

My experience was same as yours. 

You might be sleep deprived if you try opening car door with Samsung Pay
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted

I did expect an increase at 5 months cus it says it when you sign up....however, i didn't know it would be that much of an increase. Is that standard? 

Well I hope I'm on my way to better cards for sure....I recently paid off my car and my score took a 52 week dump. However, after looking at my credit report looks like they dinged my credit for a late payment on my last payment. The last payment on my account were for late fee that when I paid would close the loan. I'm trying to get them to update the remark on my credit based on the payment not being for a regular car note but only for late fees. We will see what happens. 

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted

Yes, with $200.00 deposit you get increase to $500.00, crickets after that 

You might be sleep deprived if you try opening car door with Samsung Pay
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your increase!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congrats. Give Disco a peek and check their pre-qual next month. Or Cap1 for the Plat, no QS1.

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Established Member

The $300 could be from the deposit you put down. I have a secured card with cap 1 and they keep telling me they can not increase a secure card.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.