Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAs, DOFD, and PFD vs Other Action

tag
Mike81

CAs, DOFD, and PFD vs Other Action

Good Evening,

My primary goal for this thread is to obtain valuable advice.  However, I will try my best to structure my posts in a way that is consice so as many members as possible can also come to a better understanding of their own situations.  I recently started a similar thread, but quickly realised it was too specific to my situation, and didn't allow for others to gain much from following it.  So, this is my second draft Smiley Wink This month (Feb. 2019) I pulled my 3B and 3 CRs from annualcreditreport.com.  

EQ - 625     TU - 617     EX - 628

4 Open CCs - 100% on-time payments

2 Collections - #1 ($1,400) reports to all 3, #2 ($950) reports to TU and EX.  Both have DOFD just over 4 years old (now past SOL in TX)

I am hesitant to disclose the OC of either account, but the CA for #1 is "Ad Astra".  CA for #2 is "NCA".  

With that information provided, I am hoping for advice regarding PFD vs Dispute vs using a legal service I pay for (each paycheck) through my employer.  My thought is that the legal service might provide a quicker, more honest response from the 2 CAs.  

Any advice or questions are appreciated!  Thank you in advance...   

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CAs, DOFD, and PFD vs Other Action

Are both the creditor and debt collector reporting?

Who now owns the debt, the creditor or the debt collector?

Is the debt legit?

What, if any, are the inaccuracies in any reporting made by either party?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've dealt with Ad Astra.  They are very easy to deal with.  Do I google search and locate their website.  Within the last handful of months, they put up a notice to consumers stating that they will not report very old accounts (can't remember # of years) to CRAs.  I believe that they said that this company wide policy was effective immediately so you may not even need a PFD.  But if you do need to PFD, call them and they will let you PFD or possibly even settle for less and delete.  Good luck

Message 3 of 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Since I have had success with PFD I would definitely go that route and pay in full get the name and direct number of the person you speak with on the phone and ask them before you give them your information to pay to send you an email (Preferred) stating they will remove it from all 3 in X amount of time once it is paid and ask them how long before you receive that email.     (mine took less than 30 minutes to receive) and sure enough on both times they did as agreed and I had both removed from all 3 in a months time!    It was AMAZING!   Wish I wasn't scared and did it sooner but happy regardless to just have them off.    Good luck and hope this helps anyone curious 

Message 4 of 8
Mike81

Hi RobertEG,

On the Ad Astra acct., the creditor is not reporting at all.  On the NCA acct., the creditor is reporting on TU as a charge-off.  They're legit.

Message 5 of 8
Mike81

Hi dkendric,

Good to know, thank you!  

Message 6 of 8
Mike81

Hi Girlzilla88,

Much appreciated, thanks!  

Message 7 of 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

You're welcome Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.