Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBCInnovis--who are they and should I care about them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CBCInnovis--who are they and should I care about them

Howdy:

A mortgage broker pulled a report using these folks. There are items on this report not included on the reports from the Big 3. Is this company a report reseller? Reason I am asking is I am trying to determine if it is wise to dispute incorrect items and negotiate for a PFD with the listed CAs, or just let it go and work on the Big 3. 

If you have any experience with this, I would appreciate your insights. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CBCInnovis--who are they and should I care about them

My lender used CBCInnovis too. They provide tri-merge reports for mortgage lenders. However, when they pulled, it matched up precisely with my 3 reports for DW and I which were pulled that morning. It would be worth it to pull your 3 reports to see if anything popped on at the last second. Also, your tri-merge report will list the source of the data and you can pare up that to see where each item from. Remember, your CRs can change daily.

If you find out more, let us know. I'm curious. BTW, sometimes lenders will look outside the big three if there's a lack of TL history or active TLs.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will definitely post as I figure this out. I'm going to try some more digging and see how to work with them. My mortgage broker buddy may help as well.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What have you found about from your mortgage broker friend?

Our credit union informed us that CBCInnovis report showed that we had a foreclosure instead of short sale.  We hired an attorney who guided us throughout the short sale process of our rental home.  Needless to say, we were very surprised to find out about it.  We called the bank, and they said that they aren't reporting 'foreclusure'.  Also, the credit scores are lower than if we pull our credit reports ourselves directly from the 3 credit bureaus.

Before he hire an attorney, we are thinking about calling CBCInnovis to explain the big disrepancy.  Thoughts?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My broker said it's a third party credit reporting agency that basically compiles information and is used by the financial institutions so they don't have to pay fees to the Big 3. He said it's tough to get stuff removed from them because they are just passing along info from other sources.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, the credit scores are lower than if we pull our credit reports ourselves directly from the 3 credit bureaus.

Before he hire an attorney, we are thinking about calling CBCInnovis to explain the big disrepancy.  Thoughts?

While the 3 CRAs (TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax) sell scores, as do 100s of other sites, the scores offered are not FICO scores. EX or TU never sold FICO scores on their respective sites. The EX score is a non-FICO (aka FAKO) called a PLUS score. It says in the fine print that it's for educational purposes only and no lenders use it. TU sells a FAKO called a VantageScore. There's a rare number who actually use that score, but you won't likely ever find a mortgage lender that uses it. EQ partnered with FICO and while they sell a FICO score, they push their own educational credit score called a "Equifax Credit Score" over FICO. Lenders don't use that score either.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.