Collection agency                Cbcs

Original balance                  $216

Current balance                   $36

Date assigned                      Aug 26, 2010

Original lender                     10 Columbia Gas Ohio

Account number                  XXXXXXXX

Account holder                     Individual

Account descriptions          Account information disputed by consumer

I called the OC and they agreed that if I PIF'd the $36, they would recall it from CBCS and remove it from the CR. I sent them a letter explaining this (including the reps's name and number) and guess what? Now my CR reports under CBCS as "PAID".

Should I send a DV letter to CBCS or nastygram the OC? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: CBCS - Columbia Gas of Ohio

There's a thread posted last month  CBCS gw letter worked.

Since all you wanted is the CA to be gone,I would suggest to send a nice GW letter.

And if you wish, you could explain to the CA that you had an agreement with the OC, that if you paid them, they agreed to call back the assigned debt.Just tell them the truth,you did what you agreed to do and they didn't.

I would try a nice approach first, before a nasty one.Smiley Wink Good Luck to you.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a shot!

Message 3 of 4
psydian
Established Member

Any update on this?  I am in a similar situation.  CBCS is the CA and Columbia Gas (PA) is the OC.  I called Columbia Gas and they told me they couldn't recall it from the CA, it would just update as paid (at least they didn't lie to me).

Looking to PIF and get CBCS off my CR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.