Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBM Services collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CBM Services collection

I have one collection reporting on my EQ for $25. I never received a bill for it which is how it ended up in collections. My goal would be to do a PFD. Has anyone had any experience with CBM or PFD success with them???

I have searched the forum and almost nothing comes up for this company.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CBM Services collection

So, I decided to call CBM today and told them I saw their acct on my credit report but hadn't received anything before about owing. I learned that it was from 2015. Long story short I just directly asked her if I pay the $25 would they remove it from my report. She without any hesitation said yes, how would u like to pay. I wasn't sure if I should pay by phone and just take her word for it, so I told her if she sent me something I would mail them a check. Then I asked if she would send me anything stating that it would be removed with payment. She said they could not, but if I sent the full payment of 25.39 she would remove it from the report when they get the check.

What should I do? Would it be a good idea to just pay it by phone, regardless of it being removed? Should I do like I told her and just wait and mail them a check? 

Being that she said the date of service for the acct is 7/2015 it would remain on the report for quite sometime as an unpaid collection. If they don't remove it, would it better to show as a paid collection? 

Advice would be great!  

Thank you 

Message 2 of 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: CBM Services collection

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I decided to call CBM today and told them I saw their acct on my credit report but hadn't received anything before about owing. I learned that it was from 2015. Long story short I just directly asked her if I pay the $25 would they remove it from my report. She without any hesitation said yes, how would u like to pay. I wasn't sure if I should pay by phone and just take her word for it, so I told her if she sent me something I would mail them a check. Then I asked if she would send me anything stating that it would be removed with payment. She said they could not, but if I sent the full payment of 25.39 she would remove it from the report when they get the check.

What should I do? Would it be a good idea to just pay it by phone, regardless of it being removed? Should I do like I told her and just wait and mail them a check? 

Being that she said the date of service for the acct is 7/2015 it would remain on the report for quite sometime as an unpaid collection. If they don't remove it, would it better to show as a paid collection? 

Advice would be great!  

Thank you 

You always do what another poster, DV has done - tell her you're recording the conversation for your records and you expect them to follow through on their promise. At least you'll have a record of the interaction and their statement saying they'd remove the collection completely for full payment. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.