cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC closed, they show three 30 days late pays after card was closed? How can I fix this?

tag
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

CC closed, they show three 30 days late pays after card was closed? How can I fix this?

Hello,

I had a bank issued cc.  It was closed in March 2011.  It shows a 30 day late pay in Sept, Nov and Dec 2011.  It cant be as easy as calling the bank and asking them to fix it, is it?

Thank you so much for all of this knowledge in one spot.  Im sure people say this a lot, I wish I would have found this site sooner. 

Have a great one!!!

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC closed, they show three 30 days late pays after card was closed? How can I fix this?

In my opinion, calling the bank is the right place to start. If the account was closed, then it's an error on their part, and they should be willing to fix it immediately considering how damaging that can be to your credit.

If they give you some song and dance about why they can't fix it, then I would dispute it with the credit bureaus.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC closed, they show three 30 days late pays after card was closed? How can I fix this?

Did you close the CC or did the bank?  Was there a balance when it was closed?  If you closed it, it should be a simple fix, especially with a $0 balance. 

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Closing of a credit card terminates the ability of the consumer to thereafter increase the debt balance, and thus is used by creditors to limit their liability.  It does not terminate continued obligation for the debt, or accrual of further delinquencies of unpaid debt.

Closing does not per se make the continued reporting of account delinquencies, a charge-off, or a collection inaccurate or in error.

In the posted scenario, a dispute is likely to add additional delinquencies.

The Nov and Dec 2011 reporting of only 30-late could likely be reported as a 60 or 90-late.

They will all become excluded no later than 12/2018.  Earlier removal can be pursued by requesting a good-will deletion from the creditor.

A dispute is likely to act contrary to any grant of good-will.

Message 4 of 7
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

I called the bank, it was a mistake on their part.  They are not sure how it happened.  

Case closed.  Smiley Happy  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ToughFistFight wrote:

I called the bank, it was a mistake on their part.  They are not sure how it happened.  

Congratulations 

Message 6 of 7
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

@ToughFistFight wrote:

Wow congrats, unbelievable how easy that went Smiley Surprised

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.