cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC settlement, abysmal credit score, low income, but hopeful future. What now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC settlement, abysmal credit score, low income, but hopeful future. What now?

did the prequalification thing with Discover and got a "Not only no, but HELL no!" from them.

^^^😂😂Sounds like something I would say!
Things will turn around for you. Patience is definitely not my strong suit so I know how you feel.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC settlement, abysmal credit score, low income, but hopeful future. What now?

dynamicvb, I just discovered self lender. I'll probably be doing that! Anything to help! Thanks for the suggestion.

I got a bit of bad news last night—my store card (that I've had for about 6 years) heard of my credit woes (I made the mistake of asking for a replacement card) and canceled my account! Oh no! 

Oh well, it's not like I need to buy clothes right now. 

So, until Green Dot sends me a card and I get that all set up, I have no open accounts. 

StartingOver2018, oh yeah. LOL, I'm a credit leper now! Well, what is really helping is seeing everyone's sigs where they show their credit score 6 months or a year ago, and then now... wow that is so encouraging. Bless all of you for putting that in your sigs. It's all helping me be more patient.

Right now I'm learning so much from this forum and learning the lingo and "culture." By "culture" I mean, good practices and common sense! Like, I keep on reading people talking with pride about their low utilization. (I guess that's the term?) I really want that mindset to seep into my brain, so that I'm always strict with myself to keep low balances as a matter of pride. It's ALL about low utilization (and paying on time!).

You guys are all great!

Message 12 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

You're welcome @ tenaya, just read as much as you can on here, there's some really fantastic group of people that are always willing to help with knowledge, understanding and being there when you have questions/concerns or just need to vent. Patience is the key here, with time, anything is possible.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.