cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CENTRAL FINANCIAL CONTROL (CFC) MEDICAL COLLECTION.

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

CENTRAL FINANCIAL CONTROL (CFC) MEDICAL COLLECTION.

I only have one collections account which is medical, but it's reporting to all 3 bureaus.  I sent them a DV letter and (unlike all of the other collections agencies I dealt with) they sent validation with an actual payment agreement and signature!  The debt is $800 for an ER visit back in 2011.  I have read that with the new FICO 9 coming out this fall medical and paid collections will have less of a negative impact on credit scores.    I HATE SEEING THIS COLLECTION ON MY REPORTS!!! 

I tried to the PFD option and they said flat-out NO.

I have no intention on paying this collection agency if they will not delete.  Why make a payment and it has absolutely no benefit/improvement to my score???  My only concern is CFC filing a lawsuit and then having a public record for another seven years from them!

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CENTRAL FINANCIAL CONTROL (CFC) MEDICAL COLLECTION.

Fico 09 has been out since March of this year and don't expect a lot of people to flock to using it right away .......

As for your PFD try again at the end of the month some CA's tend to want a little more income on the books at the end of the month 

Good luck and sorry no one responded 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Fico 09 has been out since March of this year and don't expect a lot of people to flock to using it right away .......

As for your PFD try again at the end of the month some CA's tend to want a little more income on the books at the end of the month 

THANK YOU!!!  I shall try again.  If definitely seems that when it comes to credit repair persistence is key!

Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Should be a known product by 2021, give or take...Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Why do you say that?  It didn't take FICO 08 too long to incorporate, did it?

Message 5 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Each model is different some take off ASAP while others never see the light of day but generally yes it takes awhile before lenders decide if they want to use it ...after all its geared towards a lenders view of what they want in a consumer and how much they're willing to pay for the algorithm

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Each model is different some take off ASAP while others never see the light of day but generally yes it takes awhile before lenders decide if they want to use it ...after all its geared towards a lenders view of what they want in a consumer and how much they're willing to pay for the algorithm

+1...on top of the fact that fico 08 was a known thing back in 2007, and it's just now gained movement.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.