Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB complaint against EQ filed

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: CFPB complaint against EQ filed

So I filed my CFPB complaint against EQ on November 30 and ten days later, December 10 I received my updated credit report in the mail with the erroneous address removed. I will continue to monitor my CR to see if the address reappears. I just hope this is the end of this torn in my behind.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 11 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

So I filed my CFPB complaint against EQ on November 30 and ten days later, December 10 I received my updated credit report in the mail with the erroneous address removed. I will continue to monitor my CR to see if the address reappears. I just hope this is the end of this torn in my behind.

Thank you for the update!  I'll follow suit and see if it helps resolve my issue as well.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

Thank you for the update!  I'll follow suit and see if it helps resolve my issue as well.

Let me know how your complaint turns out.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 13 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

I'm checking in here to say that I filed a complaint with the CFPB regarding the Equifax complaints  - I had disputed the addresses a couple of more times, which they (again) claimed to delete, but never did.

I filed with CFPB on 3/12/2019, attached copies of EQ's "deletion" notices.   I got an email from CFPB on 3/18/2019 saying the "Company response is in progress," (that's what my portal still says today), and I later got a letter from EQ that they had deleted the addresses (in the mail, not email).  I checked online through various websites (Experian's $1 trial, CreditKarma, and EQ) and it's actually gone now.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.