Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB works.

tag
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

CFPB works.

Just thought I would share that if you have exhausted all avenues the CFPB can help. I had a CO from Wells Fargo and Wells was reporting very inaccurate information. Took the right person at Wells to realize this and they sent a letter out on Oct 18th saying the TL would be deleted. Two days later EX and TU deleted but of course EQ remained.

I waited 40 days for EQ to delete and nothing was done. So I sent the letter into EQ showing to delete this TL . I Called EQ and they said that their process was different and that Wells needed to call their business number and tell them personally to delete the TL. I called Wells and they claimed they submitted the information.

EQ just kept disputing it and it would always come back verified. Its not like that was a surprise. Round and round I went.

So I tried the CFPB since they were new in dealing with the CRA's but had jurisdiction over them. Eleven days after I submitted my complaint EQ deleted.

So if you are having major issues with a CRA and have proof that something should be deleted and they CRA is holding out, I would suggest giving the CFPB a try.

Finally someone that really has some control over the CRA's !

One other thing is make sure you have disputed with the CRA's before you dipute with the CFPB. The CFPB will ask that you have done this before you submit a dipute with them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
diabla
Regular Contributor

Re: CFPB works.

I can second that.  I have used them twice and got what I asked for each time without problem.  

Message 2 of 5
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Hey thanks for this valuable information. Just another thing I did not know about. Maybe now I can finally get those duplicates deleted! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Hello! For us newbies lurking, can you please explain who or what CFPB is?

Thanks!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 4 of 5
diabla
Regular Contributor

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  Here is their website, http://www.consumerfinance.gov/the-bureau/

They take complaints about a few different things, but the CRAs is one of them.  You must have already gone through the dispute process with the CRA first and gotten your response, before you contact the CFPB. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.