Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CJ question

Just used hubby's new CJ account and bought an overpriced Fossil watch ... so now we have a $57 balance on a $2500 account.

I don't suppose anyone knows how long 'til it reports? Also, does anyone know how many points (estimated) we can hope to see from this and a new Orchard Bank TL?

And another stupid question: does the higher the CL mean a bigger boost (separate from util, I mean)? Does FICO score higher with higher CLs?

TIA!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CJ question

Crown Jewelers usually  report...the first week of the month...so it will update then...it usually first reports...with a $0 balance....and it does help overall UTL...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience and from what others have posted.....they report the first month with a $0 balance. They updated at the beginning of the month for me.

As far as score changes, YMMV. Really depends on what is already on your report. Use the FICO simulator if you pulled your reports here.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did use the FICO Sim, but it only allows for the addition on one new credit account. Smiley Sad It also has us slipping by about 20 points, too.

I was hoping that the Sim wasn't right and that we'd see an increase.

Our dings are lates as recent as April (but more than current now) on a car note (both of us) and a SL (hubby). I got a new collection about 2 months ago (am HIPPAing that one) and hubby's newest collection is about 4-5 years ago.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.