tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CO Balance vs. Credit Card Balance

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 that is some really awesome information as I am trying to determine how chargeoff utilization factors into utilization exactly for the Primer. 

can I ask how you are determining your utilization? Are you doing this yourself? Or relying on a frontend? And are you speaking of the COs crossing individual utilization thresholds?

thank you for sharing.

Yes, well, I'm not entirely sure on aggregate utilization, but I'm keeping track on individual utilization with my COd accounts, and I've noticed those small bumps when crossing for example the 88.9% threshold. I need to still verify it was indeed due to that, but I'm 90% sure it was, as nothing else had changed on my file that I could see. And I'm doing it manually, yes. Not sure what you mean by a "frontend."

@OmarGB9 oh that's beautiful! What I mean by frontend is CMSs like MF app or website or the Experian website or CK or WH or one of the services that calculate it for you, because you cannot rely upon that it's inaccurate! 

Wow so you have saw point change as the individual utilization thresholds are crossed? How many points per threshold? Do you have any public records or just COs? Wow! This is terrific information! I'd love to know if you see any changes on aggregate utilization as well!

please keep me updated and I'd love any data that you'd like to share! I don't know if you've read the Scoring Primer, but it's linked at the top of my signature and I'd like to learn this to be able to add it there.

Let's see, like I said, I haven't been keeping up with aggregate utilization, only individual on my COd accounts. I'd have to go back and try to calculate it, but that'll take me a while. But no, I don't pay much attention to the CMS utilization dashboards; they only take into account my open TLs.

And yes, I believe I had small 1-7pt increases whenver I crossed individual thresholds; however, I can't isolate it to just being cause of that. It could also be due to overall aggregate utilization dropping, aging of credit file, inquiries aging, etc., so I can't be 100% sure. I have 3 unpaid, 4 paid COs and 1 collection. And I have not read the primer, but I've been meaning to and will soon.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CO Balance vs. Credit Card Balance

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 that is some really awesome information as I am trying to determine how chargeoff utilization factors into utilization exactly for the Primer. 

can I ask how you are determining your utilization? Are you doing this yourself? Or relying on a frontend? And are you speaking of the COs crossing individual utilization thresholds?

thank you for sharing.

Yes, well, I'm not entirely sure on aggregate utilization, but I'm keeping track on individual utilization with my COd accounts, and I've noticed those small bumps when crossing for example the 88.9% threshold. I need to still verify it was indeed due to that, but I'm 90% sure it was, as nothing else had changed on my file that I could see. And I'm doing it manually, yes. Not sure what you mean by a "frontend."

@OmarGB9 oh that's beautiful! What I mean by frontend is CMSs like MF app or website or the Experian website or CK or WH or one of the services that calculate it for you, because you cannot rely upon that it's inaccurate! 

Wow so you have saw point change as the individual utilization thresholds are crossed? How many points per threshold? Do you have any public records or just COs? Wow! This is terrific information! I'd love to know if you see any changes on aggregate utilization as well!

please keep me updated and I'd love any data that you'd like to share! I don't know if you've read the Scoring Primer, but it's linked at the top of my signature and I'd like to learn this to be able to add it there.

Let's see, like I said, I haven't been keeping up with aggregate utilization, only individual on my COd accounts. I'd have to go back and try to calculate it, but that'll take me a while. But no, I don't pay much attention to the CMS utilization dashboards; they only take into account my open TLs.

And yes, I believe I had small 1-7pt increases whenver I crossed individual thresholds; however, I can't isolate it to just being cause of that. It could also be due to overall aggregate utilization dropping, aging of credit file, inquiries aging, etc., so I can't be 100% sure. I have 3 unpaid, 4 paid COs and 1 collection. And I have not read the primer, but I've been meaning to and will soon.

@OmarGB9 No hurry at all my friend. If you would be kind enough to look when you have time, I would be grateful.

Yes, many issues with CMSs' frontends. They round inconsistently with how the algorithm rounds as well. Some AU issues, all kinda potential issues. Manual is the only way to go!

There are ways to isolate. First, aging always comes on the first, except sometimes TU alert will say last day of month. So if its not the first, rule out age. 

Inquiries return points at 365 days. So if it doesn't line up, rule out inquiries. 

OK, utilization and number of accounts with a balance changes. You can check your reporting dates to rule that out much of the time. But, not always. 🙁

Yes the 3 unpaid COs are the ones of interest. You said they are regularly updating, so there shouldn't be a catch-up penalty, just gains from utilization! That helps us isolate the CO's utilization  effect!

I'm eager to learn from whatever you wanna share.  

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.